11 Posts
How did you get it to do that lol I don't think my 18 elite does that

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
How did you get it to do that lol I don't think my 18 elite does that

Jk i thought you had a pilot but you have an accord. Only 18 accord and odyssey got the update.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Grrrrr. Such a handy feature... really thought my ‘21 pilot would have it... considering my ‘18 accord does..

now I have to actually look at the speed limit signs....come on! what am I a caveman? Lol.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Is this thing really scans the physical signs on the road or it just uses gps to see what’s the speed limit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scans physical sign...is my understanding.. every time I pass a sign it updates the pic on my dashboard.... when a crap sign then...it sometimes gets it wrong..

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Waze does the same thing if you're looking for another way of getting that feature.

Then there's always the old school method of a cop pulling you over and asking if you know how fast you were going.

If as most people, even with the latest whiz-bang technology, you answer no, he'll be happy to inform you. OK, it's somewhat expensive, but still cheaper than buying a new Accord.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Waze does the same thing if you're looking for another way of getting that feature.

Then there's always the old school method of a cop pulling you over and asking if you know how fast you were going. View attachment 143907
If as most people, even with the latest whiz-bang technology, you answer no, he'll be happy to inform you. OK, it's somewhat expensive, but still cheaper than buying a new Accord.
yes to your first it is a good app.. was Just hoping for the native feature On dash.. to ur 2nd....think I will hold off on that option..I guess I will have to actually look at the signs now.. geezzzz

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hmmm built-in Garmin gps in my ‘16 Pilot also shows speed limit based on gps location on the radio screen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
3,211 Posts
The 2021 Pilots with Nav system should have the speed limit on the map itself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I found it wierd too. I bought a 21 ody touring which has sign recognition. Then bought a 21 pilot touring and it does not.

There are other inconsistencies between these 2 also. Ody has cabin camera, Pilot none. RDM control seems different. Ody has 3rd row sunshade, pilot none.

Pilot has 2nd row seat heaters, ody none.

Also, my 18 ody and 21 pilot have noticeable steering feedback from lane deviation warning. The 21 ody we can't feel a thing. Dealer service has no idea how to diagnose.

·
Administrator
15,669 Posts
Scans physical sign...is my understanding.. every time I pass a sign it updates the pic on my dashboard.... when a crap sign then...it sometimes gets it wrong..
I don't think that's the case. Standalone Garmin units have had the feature for years. I suspect it comes from the Garmin system, but isn't integrated into the Pilot's software.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I believe it scans the sign. We have observed, it changes at the exact moment you pass a sign. I've heard that it has displayed other numbers when passing other numerical signs.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I found it wierd too. I bought a 21 ody touring which has sign recognition. Then bought a 21 pilot touring and it does not.

There are other inconsistencies between these 2 also. Ody has cabin camera, Pilot none. RDM control seems different. Ody has 3rd row sunshade, pilot none.

Pilot has 2nd row seat heaters, ody none.

Also, my 18 ody and 21 pilot have noticeable steering feedback from lane deviation warning. The 21 ody we can't feel a thing. Dealer service has no idea how to diagnose.
I guess the odyssey is supposed to be the more kid friendly one hence the camera and sunshade, and the Pilot is supposed to be the more luxurious one with the heated second row seats. I would hate to purchase 2 cars at the same time. Don't you feel the same?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I guess the odyssey is supposed to be the more kid friendly one hence the camera and sunshade, and the Pilot is supposed to be the more luxurious one with the heated second row seats. I would hate to purchase 2 cars at the same time. Don't you feel the same?
They were about 3 weeks apart. The deal on the ody was great so I went back for the Pilot! The ody still feels more luxury than the pilot in every way.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts