Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Subscribed. It's definitely something to keep in mind as prices go down or 2019 parts show up in the junkyard.

·
Registered
302 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I don't mean to change off course from this thread BUT did the Gen 2's come out with a LED version for the higher end Pilots? or did that start with the Gen 3 series?

·
Registered
83 Posts
While they might be plug and play with an adapter harness; it looks like a lot will still have to be changed over to actually fit them. Looking over the part numbers, almost every panel is different (which is to be expected due to the redesign). The hood looks like it'll be fine based on the part numbers. Fenders, front facia, and grille are listed as different; although, a side by side comparison of the pictures make the difference difficult to detect so they may be compatible, they may not be.

Best bet would be to find a friend with a 2019 and ask to do the swap for fitment purposes and compare the panel gaps; the research will greatly help the Piloteers community.

·
Registered
216 Posts
While they might be plug and play with an adapter harness; it looks like a lot will still have to be changed over to actually fit them. Looking over the part numbers, almost every panel is different (which is to be expected due to the redesign). The hood looks like it'll be fine based on the part numbers. Fenders, front facia, and grille are listed as different; although, a side by side comparison of the pictures make the difference difficult to detect so they may be compatible, they may not be.

Best bet would be to find a friend with a 2019 and ask to do the swap for fitment purposes and compare the panel gaps; the research will greatly help the Piloteers community.
Since the 2019 LX through EX-L use the older projector LED headlights from the 2016-18 touring/elite, it may be that the older bumpers can fit the newer headlights.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since the 2019 LX through EX-L use the older projector LED headlights from the 2016-18 touring/elite, it may be that the older bumpers can fit the newer headlights.
oh i didnt know that. thats good info. i guess that should confirm then that the new 2019 full array LED housing should fit 2016-2018

now just waiting until they get cheap, and someone tries it first

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have seen some on car-part.com and on eBay but just a few. My budget doesnt permit me to get them yet but I believe they were around 375 each.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
prices are still high for 2019 led headlights. Youll be lucky to get a pair for $1000 through ebay

But to add for those who want to do this sooner, here are helpful videos

This is a very good video to show front bumper removal which will be required

YouTube

then from there the actual headlight removal

YouTube

Looks straight forward.

The only thing up in the air is if that harness being sold on ebay does make it plug and play and everything is functional.

·
Registered
185 Posts
prices are still high for 2019 led headlights. Youll be lucky to get a pair for $1000 through ebay

But to add for those who want to do this sooner, here are helpful videos

This is a very good video to show front bumper removal which will be required

YouTube

then from there the actual headlight removal

YouTube

Looks straight forward.

The only thing up in the air is if that harness being sold on ebay does make it plug and play and everything is functional.
I hope this works. I'll be next in line for the conversion.

Sent from Galaxy S10+ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
185 Posts
Guy on Ebay that was selling those 2019 LED Headlamp raises the price from $299 a piece to $499 a piece...

Sent from Galaxy S10+ using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 61 Posts