Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did diagnostic no codes came up...So I refilled transmission fluid but no luck D light came back on ...I have no answers as to what's the problem....anyone have a solution.?

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Can you provide more information, like the entire genesis of your issues and everything you have tried to date?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did diagnostic no codes came up...So I refilled transmission fluid but no luck D light came back on ...I have no answers as to what's the problem....anyone have a solution.?
Transmission 3rd gear pressure switch,refill transmission fluid,no codes in diagnostic transmission test with my mechanic..and it runs great no slipping of gears..it's blinking D after the car been driven once it gets to the warmest temperature which is midrange between the C & H

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Borrowed an ex-mechanic pro level scan tool last year and got PO700 for the flashing “D”. The code is a generic transmission code. Took it in for a trans fluid drain&fill and Honda tech was able to determine which pressure switch was the issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,568 Posts
Did you use Honda brand pressure switch? These cars seem to be very picky about that kind of stuff.

Also I would recommend disconnecting the battery and then seeing if it comes back on after driving it. As long as it’s shifting we’ll I don’t see a huge deal in it blinking.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Also I would recommend disconnecting the battery and then seeing if it comes back on after driving it. As long as it’s shifting we’ll I don’t see a huge deal in it blinking.
When the flashing "D" occurred last year in my Pilot, the one time shudder between gears was the signal for me to get that fixed ASAP. First gen Pilots have a rep for "weak" trans and subsequent years had their own issues.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,568 Posts
When the flashing "D" occurred last year in my Pilot, the one time shudder between gears was the signal for me to get that fixed ASAP. First gen Pilots have a rep for "weak" trans and subsequent years had their own issues.
Right...I would agree with you if that was the case, however this is a 2012-2015 Pilot and the transmission doesn't appear to be shuddering or slipping. That is why I am wondering if it just a "computer glitch" causing the D to blink.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Right...I would agree with you if that was the case, however this is a 2012-2015 Pilot and the transmission doesn't appear to be shuddering or slipping. That is why I am wondering if it just a "computer glitch" causing the D to blink.
Yup there is that chance it could be a lucky hiccup ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts