Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just left my delaer. My car is in. Prepping and installing options all day tomorrow. I'm picking her up at 4PM on Friday. After a 2 1/2 month wait it was hard to see her and yet not be able to bring her home. On friday I'm driving straight to my tire/sound guy to do the upgrade to Michelins ($125 balanced & installed minus $50 for the Integreitys) and the DVD install. Like Tom Petty says the waiting is the hardest part!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Glad to hear your wait is coming to an end. A great way to start a weekend!

Chris

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Enjoy ...

:29:

·
Registered
13 Posts
DVD install in NY

Just curious as to how much you were paying and where you are doing your DVD install in the NY area?

Congrats on getting thru the wait, we've been waiting for ours for 3 weeks so far:(

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: DVD install in NY

pilotowner2B said:
Just curious as to how much you were paying and where you are doing your DVD install in the NY area?

Congrats on getting thru the wait, we've been waiting for ours for 3 weeks so far:(
Best Tire & Audio is doing both my tire upgrade and DVD install. Audiovox VOD 806 (DVD player and "8 screen in one neat ceiling mounted package) FM Modulator, shroud, 2 wireless headphones, TV antenna - $1525

·
Registered
57 Posts
Good luck deanster2u. I am picking up my Red Rock Pearl on Friday at 10:00am. It sure has been a hard wait.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I guess it won't be hard to pick you out of a crowd tomorrow. You'll be the one walking around with an ear to ear grin :p

·
Registered
698 Posts
deanster2u said:
Just left my delaer. My car is in. Prepping and installing options all day tomorrow. I'm picking her up at 4PM on Friday. ... Like Tom Petty says the waiting is the hardest part!
( uploading sympathy ) Believe me - we've been there. Some of us were better at it than others but, we ALL went a tad wacky just before delivery.

Just stick around the forum and talk it out. You have friends here. Take deep breaths and drink plenty of water. Friday will happen and when it does, you will be one very delighted man.

Of course, until then, each minute will be absolute agony...

So (patting couch) tell us all about the Pilot. What color? What made you decide on the color? Which accessories are you getting and why? What are you planning on doing with your Pilot (i.e., camping, travel, just lookin' "cool", etc.) Ever owned a Honda before?

Talk to your new family...

Cheers,
"Cousin" Copper

·
Registered
698 Posts
redrok03 said:
Good luck deanster2u. I am picking up my Red Rock Pearl on Friday at 10:00am. It sure has been a hard wait.
We want to hear ALL about it after you pick her up. And ... if you can get some photos, all the better.

Congratulations redrok03

·
Registered
494 Posts
Come on deanster2u, breathe in, breathe out. We all know you can do it. We are pulling for you deanster2u. Just a couple more days, you can do it!

We've all been through it and we are stronger for it.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Tony said:
We've all been through it and we are stronger for it.
Yeah, right ... thanks to the mint-flavored Prozac they put in the glove box!(G) Of course, I think it probably belonged to my salesman who, I believe, was thoroughly sick of me by the time this was all over.

You know, I thought that the newness would wear off but, it hasn't. I make every excuse possible to drive it. Tonight I putzed around with it after dinner and just sat in it - in the garage. I just love that "new car smell."

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Re: So close I can taste it...

copperpoppy said:

So (patting couch) tell us all about the Pilot. What color? What made you decide on the color? Which accessories are you getting and why? What are you planning on doing with your Pilot (i.e., camping, travel, just lookin' "cool", etc.) Ever owned a Honda before?

Talk to your new family...

Cheers,
"Cousin" Copper
She's nighthawk black, (the red was my first choice but black came in first) leather and NAVI (no more "we're not lost I know exactly where we are" for me).

Options: CD changer, rearview camera, mud guards, day/night mirror, lower body trim with fogs, cargo tray, cargo cover and of course the afore mentioned tire upgrade and DVD custom install. Of course I'm also sitting on the trailer hitch I got from etrailer.com, the Thule 994 bike rack and the silverstar lamps for a month now! Not to mention the Zaino that I've already used on my 94 Saab as a test job (it made her look like new).

My dealer (Northsore Honda - Glen Cove, NY) worked well with me. I intended to get my options from Tim but he came within $20 on the whole package and for me in was certainly worth the $20 to get the items in on my 3/36 warranty. Also got the extended warranty 7/75 for $1000. $20 more than I could have from hondawarranty.com after their $75 off coupon but again I think the $20 is worth the realationship I have with dealer.

Of course I asked to see the car (I was with my 5 year old son and told the dealer he really wanted to see it but I think he knew it was really dad that wanted to take a peek). He gave me the old " Sorry I can't , It's down in prep and there are insurance issues" bit. Well you know I wasn't buying that!

Friday my whole family will come with me when we pick her up and drive to the farthest restaurant I can think of and park in the most isolated spot I can find to have a family dinner. Saturday we're taking her up state to Bear Mountain to enjoy a nature walk and some of the finest stretches of two lane blacktop in NY. Pictures will follow!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Your new Pilot is worth waiting for--you and your family are going to have a blast!!

Your weekend sounds like a lot of fun--can we all come?? :D :D :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
copperpoppy said:

Yeah, right ... thanks to the mint-flavored Prozac they put in the glove box!(G) Of course, I think it probably belonged to my salesman who, I believe, was thoroughly sick of me by the time this was all over.

You know, I thought that the newness would wear off but, it hasn't. I make every excuse possible to drive it. Tonight I putzed around with it after dinner and just sat in it - in the garage. I just love that "new car smell."
copperpoppy I shared your anxiety when you were waiting for your Pilot. I remember the coutdown vividly and thought about you over that weekend even when I wasn't online.

Seven hours to go. Financing in place. Checklist in hand. Logistics for pick up arranged. The tempo builds!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Re: Re: Re: So close I can taste it...

Did you pick her up yet?

·
Registered
698 Posts
deanster2u said:
copperpoppy I shared your anxiety when you were waiting for your Pilot. I remember the coutdown vividly and thought about you over that weekend even when I wasn't online.
Oh yeah, it was horrible. Thought I was going to go ballistic. Kept changing my avatar to match the time of day, as I did the countdown. My nerves were shot. It is still unbeliveable to me. Like Christmas every day.

Seven hours to go. Financing in place. Checklist in hand. Logistics for pick up arranged. The tempo builds!
I want details Deanster. Lots and lots of details and photos too. :D

I'm with you in spirit...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
She's Mine! Now what's the secret handshake?

Haven't been on the bard for a week because I've been too busy installing goodies and driving around in my new Pilot!

I was concerned about having some of the problems reported on this board but I'm happy to report that other than a weeping driver's side washer nozzle and a sometimes sticky window control the car is perfect. Not thuds, thumps, scrunches, squeaks, clicks, clacks, rattles or rolls!

My dealer still owes me some of my options; the rearview camera, day/night mirror and lower trim with foglights. CD changer, mats, cargo tray, cargo cover and mudflaps all installed.

I must say this is one sweet ride. The handling is far superior to the grand cherokee it replaces and the automatic transmission is silky smooth. I make excuses to just go out and drive! The navigation system rocks! I would never buy another car without one. It's already saved me from a traffic mess once and its simply impossible to get lost.

I switched tires for the Michelin Cross terrains. This happened on a rainy day and I immediately noticed a signifigant improvement in wet road handling. They are a bit noisier but stick like white on rice.

I did the audiovox DVD install at it looks great. Kids love it and dad doesn't mind playing the part of a rolling drivein.

Here's some pics will post better ones when time allows.

I'd like to the members of this board who have made the purchase and ownership of this vehicle one of the most informed processes I've ever encountered.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There she sits buddy just gleaming in the sun. There to greet a working man when his day is done...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts