Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given the freshly fallen snow in the upper Northeast and Midwest areas, what are fellow Pilot-eer's using to remove snow from your vehicles... given one parks the Pilot outside of course? I would assume snowbrushes but given the new paint and finish, I am concerned about surface scratches.... as if there's not enough to worry about.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found the Right Tool

FYI... if anyone is interested... I found this item and it looks perfect.
Both have a large foam head to prevent scratching. The small is expandable to 30" and includes an ice scraper whereas the large one is 60" long.

http://snowrake.virtualave.net

·
Registered
423 Posts
I haave an idea. Why not keep your Pilot in the garage? Works for me

·
Registered
423 Posts
Understood. I was just poking fun a little bit. MOst of the time I can't fit my Pilot in my garage for the "stuff" in the garage.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Nice find, HONDER!

We must be on the same wavelength today 'cuz I was going to post the same question. I also did a search for the Snorake and found another website that offers a few more selections...

http://www.snorake.com

·
Registered
920 Posts
I just ordered the 111...I've heard it's a sweet product-

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
When I was a child my father had a great snow removal tool ...

ME !

PrG

·
Registered
206 Posts
How about...

...the Honda Pilot as snow removal tool? I really thought this thread was going to be about using your Pilot for snow removal. Has anyone considered hooking up a plow to the Pilot? Is it possible?

'Course, it rarely really snows here. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
ANything is possible ...

PrG

·
Registered
698 Posts
Snow Removal

This may not be for everyone BUT ... one thing I used to do when I lived in MI and had to leave my car in the snow overnight was to take an old blanket and put it on the hood and front window of my car. Then, the next morning I let it run with the heater on the glass and the whole thing came right off - snow and all. Its not an original idea - a friend of mine did it and I just copied them.

I think if I still had to park my Pilot in the winter elements, I would probably invest in a better blanket but, I would continue to use the old blanket trick.

(BTW, he used some sort of magnet thing to hold it down with. I just rolled the windows down and tucked it into the crack and rolled it up. Otherwise it tends to take off on ya)

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Bump. I know this is an old thread, but I thought it appropriate to bring up my pet peeve- get the darn snow completely off your vehicle before driving off. Make sure the headlights, taillights and backup lights are clear of snow, and make every possible effort to clear the roof.

I can't tell you how many people I've seen come to a sudden stop, only to have snow completely obstruct the windshield, to the point the wipers are useless. That, or they're speeding down the freeway, and launch a projectile at trailing vehicles.

Just do it. Your safety, and the safety of those around you depends on it.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
jay said:
Bump. I know this is an old thread, but I thought it appropriate to bring up my pet peeve- get the darn snow completely off your vehicle before driving off. Make sure the headlights, taillights and backup lights are clear of snow, and make every possible effort to clear the roof.

I can't tell you how many people I've seen come to a sudden stop, only to have snow completely obstruct the windshield, to the point the wipers are useless. That, or they're speeding down the freeway, and launch a projectile at trailing vehicles.

Just do it. Your safety, and the safety of those around you depends on it.
Good bump!!! And it's also a law to have your windows clean so as to not obstruct your vision BEFORE you drive off.

:3:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well I have gone through a few snow brushes over the years. It seems all the brushes made now are WAY too stiff "bristle wise" and will indeed put lines in the old clearcoat after repeated usage.

My solution that I read about a few years back:

Go to Wally World and in their automobile section look fore their rectangular car WASH brushes. You know...the ones that have SOFT bristles and a telescoping wand. Buy their best quality SOFT bristled one.
Then cut off the telescoping wand to your length you like, put foam water pipe insulating sleeve over the aluminum handle and you will have a GREAT, SOFT, paint friendly brush. I have made a few for guys @ work, and some friends...even my MOM!!!
Everyone loves 'em, and they are MUCH nicer than commercially available brushes...

Just my $.02

Jeff Reiswig
Cottage Grove, MN

·
Registered
42 Posts
SnoBrooms and Sno rakes

Both good products IMO. Was in car (arrgh!) sales for awhile. And these were the tools of choice following a storm. "Clean the line!' Never a scratch as far as I could ever see.

One caution; the handle on the sno brum handle has been known to break right where it threads into the broom. I've had two for over four years. One broke within a year, while the other is still going strong. They really are worth every penny.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts