Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:6: :10: :18: Here in Boston, there was Snow, Freezing Rain, and Sleet had sent many cars of the road. One of them right before my eyes when Ford Explore was just about 20 feet away from me, off course I have to keep my distance, was traveling on a 35 degree angle up slop all the sudden went off road and hit a bridge rail. I stop my Pilot got out ask if everybody is OK. All of the front Air back is deploy so I ask all three passengers to stay in my Pilot to get warm until the Police and Ambulance get here. Pilot saves Ford Passengers!!!

SS EX-L RES #35211

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
haknuman59 said:
:6: :10: :18: Here in Boston, there was Snow, Freezing Rain, and Sleet had sent many cars of the road. One of them right before my eyes when Ford Explore was just about 20 feet away from me, off course I have to keep my distance, was traveling on a 35 degree angle up slop all the sudden went off road and hit a bridge rail. I stop my Pilot got out ask if everybody is OK. All of the front Air back is deploy so I ask all three passengers to stay in my Pilot to get warm until the Police and Ambulance get here. Pilot saves Ford Passengers!!!

SS EX-L RES #35211
Way to go, haknuman59! :D

·
Registered
698 Posts
Kissing a SnowBank

SO ...

... that reminds me of a little story I heard.

About four years ago, when I was still living in Michigan, my old boss came into work one morning and told of the experience she had the night before. It had been snowing on and off for about two weeks, and the snow was thick in large heavy piles. That night, there was yet another snow storm, dropping about eight inches of snow on the ground and making travel just that much more dangerous.

She and her fiance' pulled into a Dunkin' Doughnuts and sat down to have a cup of coffee and collect their jangled nerves before finishing their drive back home. She went on to explain that at the end of the counter, sat a State Trooper. He was drinking coffee all alone and every now and then, he would start laughing to himself, shake his head and try to compose himself.

After him doing this several times, they couldn't stand it any longer and asked him what was so funny.

To really grasp this, you have to envision what some of the expressways around Michigan look like. The expressway is below ground level, so to get on the expressway you take the entrance ramp which leads down. To leave the expressway to take the exit that goes up.

Having said that, the Trooper went on to explain that the road crews were busy clearing off the expressway of snow. The one truck accidently dumped its load right by the bottom of the entrance ramp. Knowing this was a danger, the Police were dispatched until the snow and ice could be removed. Stationed at the top and bottom of the entrance ramp they were preventing anyone from hurting themselves by colliding with the large hill of wet and freezing snow.

So along comes this Explorer.

The driver scoots around the Police car at the top of the entrance ramp and starts to proceed down the ramp. The police try to stop him but, he wasn't having any part of it. He clearly sees the snowpile directly in front of him and rather than stopping and backing up, he decides that because HE has a 4-wheel drive vehicle HE can just plow right through that huge pile of snow.

So, he guns it.

He wrecked his Explorer.

The Trooper was the one at the bottom of the entrance ramp and watched this idiot kill his vehicle. He asked him if he saw the pile and if so, why didn't he stop. He said because he thought it could go through the snow just like on TV.

The "S" in SUV doesn't stand for Superpowers,
CopperPoppy

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Idiot!

Good story... What a moron! Gees! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
698 Posts
Re: Idiot!

Sage said:
Good story... What a moron! Gees! :rolleyes:
:)

Sage, have you gotten more accessories? I don't recall you having this many before. That Tim from HondaAcuraWorld is such a sweet talker!

Seriously though, did you get some new stuff?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Re: Re: Idiot!

copperpoppy said:

:)

Sage, have you gotten more accessories? I don't recall you having this many before. That Tim from HondaAcuraWorld is such a sweet talker!

Seriously though, did you get some new stuff?
Actually, no. I ordered them when I ordered my Pilot. Sure wish I woulda known about Tim then. "Sweet talk" woulda worked! In fact, I probably woulda tried to sweet talk HIM!" :22:

·
Registered
56 Posts
hondacuraworld said:
Funny thing around this area is that every time there is a heavy snowstorm, you can always see vehicles spun out on route 290. About 75% of them are either Explorers or GM Blazer/Bravada/Jimmy clones.
I got caught in a nasty lake effect event late last October on the 219 en route to Bflo from Little Valley. I was driving my wife's Beetle (which has since been replaced with a Pilot. :D ). The Beetle was actually quite good on the snow because its bulldog stance nicely evened out its weight.

So, I'm sort of freaking out (I was new to town and hadn't expected such early, heavy snowfall) - white-knuckling it on 219, going between 30-40 with my hazards on in about 5 inches of packed snow and watching all these cowboys in their GM Nonsense passing me going about 50-60 mph.

Well, wouldn't you know it, but a whole mess of 'em ended up in ditches in their 4x4s while I merrily rolled along in my Beetle.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
BuffaloNY said:

I got caught in a nasty lake effect event late last October on the 219 en route to Bflo from Little Valley. I was driving my wife's Beetle (which has since been replaced with a Pilot. :D ). The Beetle was actually quite good on the snow because its bulldog stance nicely evened out its weight.

So, I'm sort of freaking out (I was new to town and hadn't expected such early, heavy snowfall) - white-knuckling it on 219, going between 30-40 with my hazards on in about 5 inches of packed snow and watching all these cowboys in their GM Nonsense passing me going about 50-60 mph.

Well, wouldn't you know it, but a whole mess of 'em ended up in ditches in their 4x4s while I merrily rolled along in my Beetle.
Now's there's a blast from the past. I lived in Little Valley for about 6 months in the early 80's. It was VERY cold and lot's of deer in the roads. Got outta there & headed down here before the snow hit. I remember Ellicottville and Salamanca and of course we went up to Buffalo a few times. BRRRRR... :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sage said:

Now's there's a blast from the past. I lived in Little Valley for about 6 months in the early 80's. It was VERY cold and lot's of deer in the roads. Got outta there & headed down here before the snow hit. I remember Ellicottville and Salamanca and of course we went up to Buffalo a few times. BRRRRR... :D
Ellicottville is the splitting image of Vermont. What a beautiful little town.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
BuffaloNY said:

Ellicottville is the splitting image of Vermont. What a beautiful little town.
Really? Have never been to Vermont. Will get there some day.
It is beautiful. I'm sure all changed up there by now. I'll have to get back some day. ;)

·
Registered
698 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Idiot!

Sage said:
Actually, no. I ordered them when I ordered my Pilot. Sure wish I woulda known about Tim then. "Sweet talk" woulda worked! In fact, I probably woulda tried to sweet talk HIM!" :22:
(laughing) Me too! I wish I would've known about him when I got mine, as well. I like the fact that he has free shipping and he is just such a nice guy. I still need to order a few things ... I want to get one of those nets for the back of the Pilot, and I want that air deflector.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts