Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

621 - 631 of 631 Posts

·
Registered
9,505 Posts
Just trying to blow all of the dust out of Texas so you can take all them high speed curves on them cheap performance tires.

View attachment 148614
That don't look like Texas. At least not where I live. I bet the air filter business is good where ever this is.
I dunno of any cheap performance tires. Is Bib putting something new out? Maybe something imported?

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #622 ·
My first Gen sat in the garage this morning.

I drove my 20 yr old, 260K miles (original motor) to work today! The new caliper pads and rotor on driver left now make it like brand new again! Still smooth, quiet, etc. Tood bad the entire front end will one day soon rust out form under it. the paint is bubbling from rust underneath by the wheel wells too.
The tire still have SOME tread left.
The plan is to use it to transport my SuperBike to a track 110 miles away for a 'Track Day' May 30th.

It'll make it. Ya hear that baby? 'You'll make it!' LOL

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
My first Gen sat in the garage this morning.

I drove my 20 yr old, 260K miles (original motor) to work today! The new caliper pads and rotor on driver left now make it like brand new again! Still smooth, quiet, etc. Tood bad the entire front end will one day soon rust out form under it. the paint is bubbling from rust underneath by the wheel wells too.
The tire still have SOME tread left.
The plan is to use it to transport my SuperBike to a track 110 miles away for a 'Track Day' May 30th.

It'll make it. Ya hear that baby? 'You'll make it!' LOL
You talking about the Dakota? We had a Dakota of the same gen at one point, my dad and I both wish we had kept it. Regular cab, short bed, 2WD, V6 5 speed manual. Basic and honest and more fun to drive than it should have been.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #624 ·
You talking about the Dakota? We had a Dakota of the same gen at one point, my dad and I both wish we had kept it. Regular cab, short bed, 2WD, V6 5 speed manual. Basic and honest and more fun to drive than it should have been.
Nice, While I'm sure that was a good truck'

This Quad Cab, 2WD V8 with the 4.7 SOHC engine w/ 5 spd manual, Posi Track, trailer towing pack, tire and handling pack- is STILL an awesome truck- rust and all.

With 260K and some rust, needing new front end, etc.- it ain't worth much for sale/trade though LOL

I love this thing for hauling things, etc.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Nice, While I'm sure that was a good truck'

This Quad Cab, 2WD V8 with the 4.7 SOHC engine w/ 5 spd manual, Posi Track, trailer towing pack, tire and handling pack- is STILL an awesome truck- rust and all.

With 260K and some rust, needing new front end, etc.- it ain't worth much for sale/trade though LOL

I love this thing for hauling things, etc.
Ours had the rear lowered to be level with the front and had some aggressive wheel/tire combination using A/T tires rather than going the street truck big wheel/small tire route. It was painted a very metallic orange color from the Viper catalogue. I'll have to see if I can dig up a picture.

I still sometimes look for a crew cab (is that the quad cab you refer to?) V8 with the manual transmission and preferably 4WD around here. They are out there but pretty rare. I'd also love a Dakota or Durango R/T of that era, I loved them.

Reactions: The Todd

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #626 ·
Ours had the rear lowered to be level with the front and had some aggressive wheel/tire combination using A/T tires rather than going the street truck big wheel/small tire route. It was painted a very metallic orange color from the Viper catalogue. I'll have to see if I can dig up a picture.

I still sometimes look for a crew cab (is that the quad cab you refer to?) V8 with the manual transmission and preferably 4WD around here. They are out there but pretty rare. I'd also love a Dakota or Durango R/T of that era, I loved them.
No the Crew Cab has a much smaller rear seat area.
The Quad Cab has 4 FULL doors, lots of room back there, like a larger sedan!
The rear seat bottoms fold UP, to give you a large cargo area on the rear floor of the truck. It's awesome- I wish they still made a truck like this LOL.

This is it, last winter LOL.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,292 Posts
..aaaaaand, we're back to snow.

Way to steer the thread back on topic. Mods will love you.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,296 Posts
Steering the other way as there is no snow to be found around here
Well you know how it is, some people just don't plan ahead when they think up these thread titles. Perhaps something more like "Weather Anyone?" would have been better. 😄

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
If only we knew any super moderators or moderator emeritus types that could make such magic happen…

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,292 Posts
Steering the other way as there is no snow to be found around here
I was almost impressed until I saw it was just Fahrenheit.

621 - 631 of 631 Posts