Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

461 - 480 of 564 Posts

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
That would require acquiring some sort of modern picture-tasking apparatus.
I've yet to climb aboard the digital camera or smartphone bandwagon.
Plus, the Pilot really needs a wash.
Tell me where to meet you, I'll wash it, wax it and take the pics! Give the people what they want!

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
8,584 Posts
That would require acquiring some sort of modern picture-tasking apparatus.
I've yet to climb aboard the digital camera or smartphone bandwagon.
Plus, the Pilot really needs a wash.
You missed your window of opportunity. This report says Sears Portrait Studios opened in 1959 and closed in 2013. It also features ads for enlarged prost(r)ates :).

Maybe after I get vaccinated.
It would have to be someplace with decent bagels - like Montreal.
  • Wood burning oven-fired bagels: Check.
  • Digital camera: Check.
  • Opening the southern border: Umm...

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Just remember, Tofu is your friend.
Yep, used to make our own from non-gmo soy.
You realize of course that none of this would have been necessary if you had done a 3 times drain and fill with red cross approved MaxLife type O. 😁
Now you tell me? Well I’ll definitely be looking into that. Does Walmart sell it?
Glad to have your back.
Thanks. Good to be back.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Welcome Back Jim!

It was 23F here yesterday. No snow though.

Today and Sunday will be 60's though! Woot, woot!

I rode my motorcycle in so I could take my 'long twisty way' home!

Heal well Jim!
Thanks!
Glad it warmed up enough for you to get some time on the motorcycle.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Is that the same "healthy" food you were eating prior to this latest episode?

Be sure to chew your "food" thoroughly.
Can’t say I always eat only healthy food but I try to stay away from the bad stuff as much as possible. Unfortunately, my health issues are as much hereditary as dietary

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Snow? OH yeah, this thread was about that LOL

I rode to work today- it was 28F.
I'm riding home too, but now it's 57F! I'm taking a version of my patented 'long way home'- country twisty highways and roads.

Where's Jim? How you doing bud?
Cool looking ride! Doing good! Thanks for asking!

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
No flower beds here. Too many allergies.

My grass looks like a lawn in the spring and fall and like a yard at the peak of summer.
I stopped watering the grass when the town began charging sewer fees based on total water consumption - regardless of whether the water went down the drain or onto the grass.
I also alternate the direction of mowing, so that there's a fancier striping pattern on the lawn.
Got rid of the birdbath, since it was mainly used as a drinking fountain by squirrels.
Many munis will allow you to put in an irrigation meter that is just for watering plants and lawn. No sewer fees. We had one on a past house and it saved us a lot on the water bill.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
3,822 Posts
No flower beds here. Too many allergies.

My grass looks like a lawn in the spring and fall and like a yard at the peak of summer.
I stopped watering the grass when the town began charging sewer fees based on total water consumption - regardless of whether the water went down the drain or onto the grass.
I also alternate the direction of mowing, so that there's a fancier striping pattern on the lawn.
Got rid of the birdbath, since it was mainly used as a drinking fountain by squirrels.
Irrigation well, no determinable water consumption, no fees, green lawn. Plus no back flow valve to have inspected yearly like you do here if you are watering with city water.

And no silly sewage fees for watering the lawn.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Did you get a prescription for an electric reclining chair.
Nope. But fortunately we already had electric reclining couch/chairs. It’s still difficult to get out of bed without using my arms so I have been using the electric recliner.
Almost all of my neighbors use a lawn service - except for the one guy who has to own every piece of cordless/battery-operated lawn and landscaping equipment in existence.
Then there's the guy with an old Honda Pilot and an equally old Honda mower.
I have an old Honda Pilot (is 2012 old?) but the mower is a 2018 John Deere. I do miss riding her around the property to get all the weeds the same height so they resemble a yard of grass.

·
Registered
8,550 Posts
Many munis will allow you to put in an irrigation meter that is just for watering plants and lawn. No sewer fees. We had one on a past house and it saved us a lot on the water bill.
Never heard of a separate irrigation meter being an option. I'll have to inquire about that.
I suppose that all it would require, besides the meter, is to reroute the water lines from the two outdoor spigots to the second meter.

·
Registered
8,550 Posts
I have an old Honda Pilot (is 2012 old?) but the mower is a 2018 John Deere. I do miss riding her around the property to get all the weeds the same height so they resemble a yard of grass.
Old is relative. My Pilot is about a decade older than yours.
One of my Honda mowers is about as old as my Pilot, while the other one is from the 1980s.
The older mower still runs, but it was designed to work mainly as a a bagger.
When the town stopped accepting grass clippings either at curbside or at the transfer station, I bought the newer mower since it had a twin-blade configuration and deck that was designed to function much better as a mulcher.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #476
Hey there everyone!

It hit 80F yesterday and today! A heat wave I tell ya!

Oh yeah, this thread was about snow LOL

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Welcome back! It was quiet without you and my wife and I were worried about your wife not honoring our Disney Lodging deal...
Well, it’s nice to know you were worried about my wife honoring the Disney Lodging deal while I was having open heart bypass surgery. Have no fear, she knows exactly what to do. You do know, like Disney, we do have blackout dates right? Ours fall around hollidays, spring break. summer vacation, fall through winter plus anytime we’re recovering from surgery or illness or our Pilot is dirty. Operators are standing by at BR-549 to take your reservation.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Well, it’s nice to know you were worried about my wife honoring the Disney Lodging deal while I was having open heart bypass surgery. Have no fear, she knows exactly what to do. You do know, like Disney, we do have blackout dates right? Ours fall around hollidays, spring break. summer vacation, fall through winter plus anytime we’re recovering from surgery or illness or our Pilot is dirty. Operators are standing by at BR-549 to take your reservation.
Lol

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
3,822 Posts
They probably spent their time watching this Bell Labs film. Very Disney like.

·
Registered
8,584 Posts
They probably spent their time watching this Bell Labs film. Very Disney like.

Honest, I remember going for a special viewing of this film in the auditorium in Middle School in Delmar, NY. The seat backs were that curved plywood, but the seat cushions were still stuffed burgundy velvet in those days.

461 - 480 of 564 Posts