Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

441 - 460 of 564 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Also, where is @jimmaki ? I am hoping everything went well and he's full of rabbit food and other heart healthy items.
All went well with the heart surgery (CABGx2). Had a revisit to the ER with a fib but they tell me I'll be ok with better living through chemistry. Gotta keep my legs elevated (swelling from taking veins from the legs) so doing most computer stuff not easy. But ...

The jungle we call a yard missed me (and the mower). I think it's time to call a lawn service and use them for a while.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
3,822 Posts
All went well with the heart surgery (CABGx2). Had a revisit to the ER with a fib but they tell me I'll be ok with better living through chemistry. Gotta keep my legs elevated (swelling from taking veins from the legs) so doing most computer stuff not easy. But ...

View attachment 147265

The jungle we call a yard missed me (and the mower). I think it's time to call a lawn service and use them for a while.
So how's the food???

·
Registered
8,584 Posts

·
Registered
8,550 Posts
Gotta keep my legs elevated (swelling from taking veins from the legs) so doing most computer stuff not easy.
Did you get a prescription for an electric reclining chair.

Almost all of my neighbors use a lawn service - except for the one guy who has to own every piece of cordless/battery-operated lawn and landscaping equipment in existence.
Then there's the guy with an old Honda Pilot and an equally old Honda mower.

·
Registered
8,584 Posts

·
Registered
8,584 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Oddly enough, the hospital served things like French toast and bacon (made from turkey) for breakfast, hamburger patty (vegan) and ceasar salad, and meatloaf and mashed potatoes for dinner. I don't know how healthy it was, it might have been disguised healthy ingredients. But I didn't eat any of it as my wife made recognizable healthy and appetizing food and brought it to the hospital twice a day.

Most of what I ate in the hospital looked like this:

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Hey, welcome back. Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery. (y)

View attachment 147277
Thanks for the welcome back. Good to be back. It's good to be anywhere!
For any kids watching, I think what she meant by keep your legs up was this ....

A tablet or laptop works ok, but I can only go a short while at this before needing to rest. I'm not sure why since I didn't suffer a stroke, but it takes longer to type accurately and even so I make a lot of mistakes. Something not quite right with the fine motor control but the docs say that's normal for a while. Remarkably they never stopped the heart for the operation.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Thanks for the welcome back. Good to be back. It's good to be anywhere!
For any kids watching, I think what she meant by keep your lets up was this ....
View attachment 147288

A tablet or laptop works ok, but I can only go a short while at this before needing to rest.
Welcome back @jimmaki ... I see the visual distractions are back to normal which is a good sign.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
3,822 Posts
Oddly enough, the hospital served things like French toast and bacon (made from turkey) for breakfast, hamburger patty (vegan) and ceasar salad, and meatloaf and mashed potatoes for dinner. I don't know how healthy it was, it might have been disguised healthy ingredients. But I didn't eat any of it as my wife made recognizable healthy and appetizing food and brought it to the hospital twice a day.

Most of what I ate in the hospital looked like this:
View attachment 147284
Just remember, Tofu is your friend.

You realize of course that none of this would have been necessary if you had done a 3 times drain and fill with red cross approved MaxLife type O. 😁

Glad to have your back.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #453
Welcome Back Jim!

It was 23F here yesterday. No snow though.

Today and Sunday will be 60's though! Woot, woot!

I rode my motorcycle in so I could take my 'long twisty way' home!

Heal well Jim!

·
Registered
8,584 Posts

·
Registered
3,259 Posts

View attachment 147265

Welcome back! It was quiet without you and my wife and I were worried about your wife not honoring our Disney Lodging deal...

Did you get a prescription for an electric reclining chair.

Almost all of my neighbors use a lawn service - except for the one guy who has to own every piece of cordless/battery-operated lawn and landscaping equipment in existence.
Then there's the guy with an old Honda Pilot and an equally old Honda mower.
Glad to know I'm not the only one running Hondas for both! I couldn't make the quite expensive step up to their snowblowers or trimmers though. Echo for the lawn accessories and a Crafstman I was given when we bought the house for the snowblower (with a CHonda engine). Maybe by the time this stuff dies the electric stuff will be good enough, but not yet.

He won't do it, he already knows I'm hot on his scent. I suspect he doesn't live too far from me based on what he's said and I've made it my duty to Piloteers to find our most tenured Piloteers member and take a picture of his Pilot.

·
Registered
8,550 Posts
He won't do it, he already knows I'm hot on his scent. I suspect he doesn't live too far from me based on what he's said and I've made it my duty to Piloteers to find our most tenured Piloteers member and take a picture of his Pilot.
Should we warn @sblvro ?

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Should we warn @sblvro ?
Well he could be sort of near us with the Mount sticker, but it appears he is residing in Arkansas now, so no need to bother. Lack of front plates if he is still living in the area points to PA.

Speaking of which... I don't think I've ever actually seen a picture of your Pilot. Since this is a Post Whore thread like the Coffee Shop, post one up for user consumption!

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
8,550 Posts
Speaking of which... I don't think I've ever actually seen a picture of your Pilot. Since this is a Post Whore thread like the Coffee Shop, post one up for user consumption!
That would require acquiring some sort of modern picture-tasking apparatus.
I've yet to climb aboard the digital camera or smartphone bandwagon.
Plus, the Pilot really needs a wash.

441 - 460 of 564 Posts