Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its that time of year again, for SNOW and ICE. Since this is the first year for the Pilot, let's see how well they perform in winter driving conditions. Give us your impressions of how they handle, how well the heater works (and for those with the Canadian versions, how well the heated seats work) and your overall impressions.

Also, if anyone has had snow - let us know what part of the country you are in and also, how much you get.

:p

·
Registered
991 Posts
No snow yet, but this is very rare for Northern B.C.?!?!? Usually starts in October, and ends in February or so, Pilot should see alot of it.. Don't know if I should stick to the Goodyears all around, or switch to snow tires for the winter, I never have had to use snow tires in winter, but we are used to driving in snow..

just for fun LETS see how the all seasons works!! ha ha ha.....:5:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Obviously, like in AZ, no snow here. BUT when it rains the roads become VERY slick from the heated up oil coming to the surface of the pavement. So far so good. I was really afraid of the Goodyears but not a problem so far. Hope I'm not jinxing myself here. :13: Like to head forward when driving down the road, not sideways. THAT'S why I'm here and not back in Chicago area. ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Snow!

Well, we haven't had much in Denver yet, but they say a few inches tommorow....The Pilot is filled with gas and ready for testing....:2:

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Snow in Arizona

Sage said:
Obviously, like in AZ, no snow here.
Oh, we do get snow in Arizona. Those of us who live in the higher elevations of Arizona do experience winter and snow. In fact, Flagstaff is famous for it. Its the home of the Arizona Snow Bowl. I kid you not.

I'm not as high up as Flagstaff and in all truth, I love the snow here where we live. It snows at night and is gone by 10:00 a.m. the next day. I can live with that. :)

So ... you're from Chicago, eh? GOOD PIZZA!!:18:

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gopilot said:
No snow yet, but this is very rare for Northern B.C.?!?!?
Wow. That is rare. If you have the Canadian Pilot, do you have the heated seats in your Pilot? I bet that will be nice. Tonight was a bit nippy here and I had to run to the store, so I turned the heat on. It seemed to work very fast and very efficiently. Kinda like the air conditioner does in summer.

I can't wait to see a photo of a snow covered Pilot.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Yes, I have the heated seats and mirrors... will post pic of snow covered pilot with gopilot driving it!

·
Registered
389 Posts
I am taking her up to Brian Head on Wednesday. Hopefully there is a good snow coverage up there. Will report the Pilot's performance.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
vegasdude said:
I am taking her up to Brian Head on Wednesday. Hopefully there is a good snow coverage up there. Will report the Pilot's performance.
Where is Brian Head?

·
Registered
64 Posts
copperpoppy said:
Its that time of year again, for SNOW and ICE. Since this is the first year for the Pilot, let's see how well they perform in winter driving conditions. Give us your impressions of how they handle, how well the heater works (and for those with the Canadian versions, how well the heated seats work) and your overall impressions.

Also, if anyone has had snow - let us know what part of the country you are in and also, how much you get.

:p
They are calling for an inch or two tonight. We'll see. The newscasters here are "Promo-Idiots". They will interrupt a program with one of those scrolling news readers at the bottom...with a WARNING!!!!!news at 11...

I sold a Pilot the other week to a couple that came in to test drive in the rain...and took delivery a few weeks later in the rain. I tried to get the car to spin the tires on a rain slicked back street and couldn't. I hope it handles in the snow the same way.

·
Registered
106 Posts
snow and ice

We have had both snow and ice. The pilot handles great in snow. You feel the VTM-4 kick in as soon as you push the rpms up, The back end kicks in even before the front wheels start to slip, keeping you on the straight and narrow. I didnt push it too much on the ice though - its not paid off yet!

The heated seats and mirrors are awesome. The good thing about the heated seats is the high low switch. You get the quick heat up, but then switch to low so you dont get uncomfortable. High gets too hot to bear. Which isnt a bad thing. We are planning a 18 hour road trip for christmas, looking forward to how she handles in all types of travelling weather.

BTW, not ALL canadians think George Bush is a moron!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Honda Pilots in SNOW Pictures

Who will be the first?

Who will be the first one to put up a picture of their Pilot in snow?

Come on, come on, come on ...

Don't make me make one out of Photoshop. :D

·
Registered
991 Posts
Come on Snow, don't fail me now!! I still can't believe it has not snowed here yet! I think the Ice Caps are going to start melting up here!

If I get some pictures with snow, it might be up to six feet! no joke..

I remember ten feet back in early 80's.. that when you woke up in the morning and everything is white, your front door is totally blocked! and you car is gone! we had to dig ten foot path ways to get out..

if that happens again, I think the Pilot will not be taking off on the runway!

rob

·
Registered
106 Posts
Same here up on the canadian side, and the pilot ate it without blinking! We must have had 14 inches in the last two days, with another 6-10 forcast. YAHOO!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
IT"S FINALLY HERE!

It's snowing!!! YEAH!!!!!:2: (South East Michigan)

My drive to work this morning in about two inches of the white stuff was great. I felt no wheel slip, even when I gave the trottle some "test jabs". The tires seem fine, though I'm sure snow tires would be better. ABS did the trick at a few stop signs.

Once I reached work I headed out to the empty outer area of the parking lot. I stopped, checked for other vehicles, then floored it! Cutting the steering wheel hard right, the Pilot circled around in a wonderful four wheel drift with impressive control. Once I backed off the accelerator, she straightened right up. It was quite fun, so I did it a few more times before coming in to my cube.

That's my first experience in snow with my Pilot. The Pilot "felt" much more like my wife's A4 Quattro than my old F150 4x4. Very refined and smooth.

The forcast calls for between four and six inches of snow today, so the drive home should be fun too. I'll try to get some pics tonight, but it get's dark pretty early now.

More later.....................

·
Registered
388 Posts
FIRST SNOW

LAKE EFFECT 18" of the heavy wet stuff out there PILOT KICKS ASS! Could not really tell if it was shifting into 4 wheel mode or not but she handled like a champ. The underside makes some interesting lines the middle of two track!

I gotta go shovel now

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Re: FIRST SNOW

PILOTHEAD said:

I gotta go shovel now
Why shovel? The Pilot will make it up the driveway! Just walk in the tire tracks down to the mailbox!

You may have to shovel right in front of the garage door, though.

A few years back when I had a Ford Exhibition I had to clear the first few feet of driveway just to get out. If I had just driven out into the snow, the compressed hieght would have eliminated my roof clearance under the garage door!!!! CRUNCH!!!!

OK, go shovel!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I LOVE MICHIGAN!!!!

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY
LENAWEE MI-MONROE MI-WASHTENAW MI-WAYNE MI-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...MONROE...DOWNTOWN DETROIT...ANN ARBOR...
ADRIAN...ROMULUS AND DUNDEE

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM...

SNOW WILL TAPER OFF TO FLURRIES FROM NORTH TO SOUTH BETWEEN 7 AND 9 PM.
ADDITIONAL ACCUMULATIONS UP TO 3 INCHES CAN BE EXPECTED...FOR A STORM
TOTAL OF 4 TO 6 INCHES.

ROADS...BRIDGES...AND OVERPASSES IN THE ADVISORY AREA WILL BE SLICK
AND HAZARDOUS. EXERCISE CAUTION IF TRAVEL IS NECESSARY.

$$

SF/MANN

·
Registered
17 Posts
Michigan Snow!

Five inches of packed snow here in Michigan (near detroit suburbs) today. Tried almost everything i could to get the pilot to skid, short of a "bootleg reverse" or whatever that's called...anyway the pilot took it in stride..chewed up and spit out the bad weather. Even tried a faster than usual turn at a snowy intersectio (no cars around)..tried to put the car into a slight spin..totally unsucessful. From an acceleration viewpoint, not even a sign of the SUV slipping from a red light startoff. Even tried a few quick for the condition accelerations, but to no avail.the pilot was sure footed as a mule. Tonight it's supposed to ice over..hoping i will have some reason to get on the roads for some more tests.. (does anyone want pizza?)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts