1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
664 Posts
I think the Sorrento is a pretty nice looking vehicle for the money. It even has some baby MDX type looks to it. I just have one problem with it. The badge on the back that says KIA. They need to sell me on a lot more in the reliability and value departments for me to consider a non-Honda or non-Toyota vehicle. (Although I can be sweet talked by a BMW.) Their Ford affiliation doesn't help much either.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think I would be tempted to buy one either. For the price of a loaded Sorento you could get a Pilot --- more room, more power, more reliability, better resale value. But I have to admit that the Sorento looks like a pretty good first attempt at the midsize SUV category.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Smaller Pilot? That's a CR-V, isn't it?
My kids call CR-V's "Baby Pilots" :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am probably gonna get crap for this, but I really like the looks of that odd little package called the Honda Element due out at the end of the year.......I may buy one to compliment the Pilot.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Scoobs said:
Good write-up on the Kia Sorento. Alot of SUV for the money.
http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/roadtests/firstdrive/71191/article.html
I've seen a Sorento in town a couple times, and it does look pretty nice. The first sighting I didn't have my digital camera, and the second time I couldn't get close enough in traffic to get a good shot. We've got an EPA Emissions Lab here, so every once in a while you can spot something new on the road before it's on sale.

I thought it looked very "Toyotaish". Kia did a nice job with the styling. The Sorento only seats five people, though.

I've got my camera ready.......................

1 - 6 of 6 Posts