Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very, very slow leak from OEM tire and dealer looked at it twice already. The last time my dealer told me that the culprit was the valve which it replaced. After 4 weeks, the same tire still loosing 1lb/wk. Gotta tell my dealer again.

Is anyone having the same slow leak tire problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this is super old, but there is only a couple threads on slow tire leak so I figured I would share what worked for me:
-The valve stem was just loose and needed to be tightened. It took maybe a half turn from an 11mm socket on the valve stem to tighten it up. No more leaks! Just something to check that I hadn't seen posted here.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
I know this is super old, but there is only a couple threads on slow tire leak so I figured I would share what worked for me:
-The valve stem was just loose and needed to be tightened. It took maybe a half turn from an 11mm socket on the valve stem to tighten it up. No more leaks! Just something to check that I hadn't seen posted here.
Thanks for the tip. But an even greater accomplishment is your finding an almost 18 year old post. For this, I have the pleasure of gifting you the Diggin' Up Bones award. Congrats! Enjoy!

·
Registered
6,828 Posts
But an even greater accomplishment is your finding an almost 18 year old post. For this, I have the pleasure of gifting you the Diggin' Up Bones award.
I wonder if the posts that are listed under "Recommended Reading", at the bottom of the page, is the reason why these ancient posts keep getting dredged up? Some of them are well past the "use by" date.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
I wonder if the posts that are listed under "Recommended Reading", at the bottom of the page, is the reason why these ancient posts keep getting dredged up? Some of them are well past the "use by" date.
Some forums I participate in have implemented an automatic necropost warning.

Old thread warning! I'm aware that this thread is 3902 days old but I still want to reply. Or Create a new thread here instead.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Some forums I participate in have implemented an automatic necropost warning.
Creating a new thread is discouraged here? Seems OP did what they were supposed to do. A leaky stim is as relevant today as it was 18 years ago. It's not like our vehicles are tireless levitating machines. Yet. And where's my Jetpack?

Reactions: Daltongang
1 - 7 of 7 Posts