Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my pilot on 8/16/02 since the first day I set my clock three minutes ahead. After three months today the clock is on time the regular eastern time . Means in three months the clock is slow 1 second per month. In my other Honda's never have this problem.
Somebody notice this?:3:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Same here. It is one of the issues I often find with digital clocks. I vote for atomic uplink in the next model.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I just noticed that as well. I set it to be the same as my watch which matches my kids daycare. I noticed today it was about three minutes behind over two months. Maybe when the next version comes out with MP3 capabilities they can switch the whole head unit and fix it!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thanks for posting the issue about the slow clock, colousa, because
I was just about to do the same thing. I am glad that I am not the only one with this. I was beginning to wonder if it was related to the wearing down of the battery, which would be pretty sad since I only have about 3300 miles on my car!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Clock error

I agree - it gets back to how closely they calibrate the circuitry. My other Hondas are MUCH better. If you want to find out what the real time is, click here

·
Registered
185 Posts
Man [or woman] with many watches never knows correct time.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Mine's slow too.
I guess it makes up for my Mountaineer's having been fast (yes, one minute or so per month).

·
Registered
185 Posts
Mine seems to be doing better. Seems to me I used to have some watches that would "sense" multiple, repetitive corrections and self adjust. Or maybe my current watch just loses time at the same rate !

·
Registered
234 Posts
Phew ... glad I found this thread. I thought my clock has been losing about a minute a month. Its been bugging me so glad to know I'm not imagining it...

Anyone else with this problem and know anything that can be done ? (other than changing the headunit...)

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
yolk said:

Anyone else with this problem and know anything that can be done ? (other than changing the headunit...)

adjust the time :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
234 Posts
ramirami said:
adjust the time :D :D :D :D
:bonk: :19: Errr thanks... but I was hoping for something a bit more permanent...

·
Registered
991 Posts
Clock losing time..

Just thought I would start this thread up again..

Anyone get a resolution regarding there slow clocks? Mine is still losing 2-3 minutes a month.. Guess I have to report another flaw to the dealer..

·
Registered
991 Posts
Don't have nav. guess that leaves me out.

·
Registered
316 Posts
If you correct the clock by adjusting it forward, will it compensate for the adjustment and start 'catching up'?

Many clocks have that feature, just wondering if the Pilot does that.

I have the standard Pilot EX radio with the clock display.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
allanbiats said:
If you correct the clock by adjusting it forward, will it compensate for the adjustment and start 'catching up'?

Many clocks have that feature, just wondering if the Pilot does that.

I have the standard Pilot EX radio with the clock display.
Mine never did. It consistently lost two minutes a month, give or take.:(

·
Registered
234 Posts
Re: Clock losing time..

gopilot said:
Just thought I would start this thread up again..

Anyone get a resolution regarding there slow clocks? Mine is still losing 2-3 minutes a month.. Guess I have to report another flaw to the dealer..
I did not manage to get any simple solution. My dealer ended up replacing the whole radio. The clock seems fine now, but they scratched the plastic around the radio and now they are ordering a replacement part ! :3:

Wonder what they will damage next time when they replace the plastic...:rolleyes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts