Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a really hard rain last night. My wife was leaving early this morning so I had intended to fill the gas tank, but I postponed that due to the rain.

This morning I got up and drove to the gas station for her. The stereo was off and I heard some sloshing sounds in the rear. I couldn’t pinpoint the source as she had to leave as soon as I returned.

Ours is not a sunroof model. What are some things I can look into in searching for the sound?

·
Administrator
15,510 Posts
Sounds like fuel tank sloshing. People have talked about it on first gens since they came out.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,937 Posts
If the noise was coming from the center console area check that the rear AC isn’t clogged.

Also check the mud flaps. I can’t recall if the ones on the Pilot have drain ports.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Look in the little cargo compartment in the trunk floor. I had this happen one time and discovered that compartment was half full of water. To this day I have no idea how it filled with water and it had yet top do it again.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Sounds like fuel tank sloshing. People have talked about it on first gens since they came out.
I got that noise in my 15 .. is there a link out there ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was wondering about that. I usually have the stereo on by the time I pull out of the driveway so I don't guess I would have heard it before. I was just going to fill the tank so I didn't bother turning it on.

Interesting that she's never mentioned hearing it since she's much more likely to drive in silence than I.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts