Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Pilot, 180K, heads along with all sensors, plugs, hose/s, etc. replaced 15k miles ago.
I broke a timing belt (I talked about it on other threads) so I replaced everything I could while I was in there.
It still runs stellar but has developed a slight off idle hesitation, not really a stumble. Tranny shifts fine and I change the fluid more often then required (Honda fluid of course).
Stall speed seems to be at about 1200 RPM (Two footing it).
Ideas?

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
Just spitballing here, but could your timing belt be off by a tooth?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The hesitation just started and I replaced the belt well over a year ago, almost a year and half actually so I doubt that I'm off a tooth....
Thanks for the input though!

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Take a look into the Throttle body .. that's pretty much the culprit for acceleration delays ..also pop the top center cover off the plenum and see if any holes are plugged from carbon.

Reactions: PlumPilot2007

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good call on the throttle body, that was going to be my first place to look. I remember on my Toyota pickup the throttle body would "stick" from carbon build up and create a similar issue. The reason I took to this forum is because it seems that my 07 has all the common issues/problems that others have experienced with theirs (I'm not going to say lemon)... Hahaha... So I thought that maybe someone else on here might say "Yeah mine was doing the same thing and it was this....". Anyway thanks and I'll take a look at the throttle body this weekend.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Seafoam... Seafoam... Seafoam...

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Seafoam... Seafoam... Seafoam...
Wasn't there a good write up on how to seafoam somewhere I could not find it …

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well.... I just picked some up and added it to the fuel system with about a 1/2 full tank then topped it off. I'm always reluctant to add any type of additive to the crankcase oil but I am curious if anyone has and what was their experience with it? I'll keep you posted with my results on the fuel side. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I too never use Lucas or STP snake oils, but Seafoam does work.

Reactions: PlumPilot2007

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Can owns stock in Seafoam …. Only good thing I saw Seafoam do was make some great smoke to piss off the neighbors :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had something similar but it was when taking off from a stop... 2007 Pilot with 171K at the time. We replaced the Throttle Assembly Sensor and the hesitation went away.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had something similar but it was when taking off from a stop... 2007 Pilot with 171K at the time. We replaced the Throttle Assembly Sensor and the hesitation went away.
Yup, that's what mine is doing (From a stop / off idle) and mine is an 2007 with about 180K. I'll double check to see if I had already replaced the sensor when I was doing the heads/timing belt. I hope that this is it and exactly why I took to the forums because like I said earlier in the thread my 2007 has every "available factory defect option" so I figured someone out there has experienced something similar. Thanks everyone and I'll try to look at it this week sometime...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well so far it looks like I need not look any further. Like I stated earlier I added Seafoam and coincidentally or not the hesitation has seemed to go away, time will tell if it returns. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Did I mention plplplpl is also a co owner in stock for Seafoam :p

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Must be a Canadian thing, eh?

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
Did I mention plplplpl is also a co owner in stock for Seafoam :p
Nope, sadly, and I've never even tried the stuff personally. I did have a wicked cool STP sticker collection in elementary school, however. Whatever happened to them?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The only thing I could think is that I had a "lazy" injector and the Seafoam cleaned it out. I have done nothing else and always fill at the same gas station. So even if it's purely coincidental or not, the problem is gone and that's all that matters... My Dad loved STP he called it.... well I probably shouldn't say.... ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts