Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out that 2012-14+ CR-V are able to upgrade their visors to ones that slide.

Is it available for the 3rd Gen Pilots? I would love to swap mine out with one, as the sun always shines on me!

My neighbor sent me the link for the DIY made by College Hills Honda on a CR-V

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You've been watching too many StraightPipes youtube videos.
I don’t know what racing has to do with sun visors, but if upgrading it gives me more horsepower then I’m all for it!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Apparently, you haven't watched any StraightPipes youtube videos.
The auto reviews on that channel typically include a visor check where they see whether or not the sun visors have slide capability.
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheStraightPipes
OIC! I’ll check their videos out on the weekend.

But I hoping someone knows if it’s possible to upgrade the visor, really sucks that R&D really haven’t really thought it through. Guess the testers don’t drive in the sun much without a drivers helmet. My old 95 Mercedes had a better visor. If it’s available on a CR-V it should have been available for the Pilot.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here’s the link to their review of a ‘19 Pilot Touring (Canada). Visor rest is roughly 11:00.
Thanks for researching! Whoa they exist!!! Only for Canada?

Those guys are cool detailed reviewers.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
US of Merica
Awesome!!!! Just tested mine and it works!!! The wife was really hesitant on me pulling it out, LOL . Seemed like it wouldn’t budge and had so much resistance on it.

So used to my prior Hondas 2009 and older that didn’t have that capability.

I never even tried it on my 2016 Pilot Touring prior to this 2019.

Yesssss!!!!! Even with my front windows tinted with 3M Crystalline I can feel the heat on my face, but without the UV rays. This HELPS out a LOT YUUUUUUGEE (DJTrump voice)!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OIC! I’ll check their videos out on the weekend.

But I hoping someone knows if it’s possible to upgrade the visor, really sucks that R&D really haven’t really thought it through. Guess the testers don’t drive in the sun much without a drivers helmet. My old 95 Mercedes had a better visor. If it’s available on a CR-V it should have been available for the Pilot.
Sorry for my misjudgment HONDA GODS!!!! Thanks to my fellow Piloteers, they made me aware it does indeed work!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts