Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Sorry if this has been asked before but we are car camping with our 2014 pilot in Montana next week. My 17 year old is sleeping in it. I read that you can keep the windows rolled up which is handy as it’s bear country. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi. Sorry if this has been asked before but we are car camping with our 2014 pilot in Montana next week. My 17 year old is sleeping in it. I read that you can keep the windows rolled up which is handy as it’s bear country. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks!
Sleeping in a Pilot in a cool, dry climate with everything buttoned up will result in quite a bit of interior condensation. If you can let it dry out thoroughly at least every few days, it won't cause any problem. Leaving the windows cracked an inch or so solves the problem.

Bear hygiene is serious business, though. If you're not being very careful about using and storing anything with a fragrance, you're increasing your risk of an unpleasant encounter.

The real problem with a Pilot as a camper is that the second row doesn't lie flat. As the video Aggrex posted suggests, building a platform will make the sleeper a lot more comfortable.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,878 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts