Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I want a skid plate for 2006 pilot. Anyone know of any for sale or have any success making one themself? Any advice would be appreciated. Thickness of metal, where to cut holes, aluminum vs steel, where to mount, etc. thanks!!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Expect diy or custom work for any skid plate on the Pilot. Coming from the Jeep world it’s usually 3/16 steel or 1/4 aluminum. IMO for the Pilot aluminum makes sense for light-duty and lighter weight.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Also you're chiming in 14 years too late :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have been looking for solutions to this question myself for awhile, researching recently I came across this website.

Burtman Industries

Curious if this might be a direct fit. Chime in if anyone might know.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Burtman Industries

Curious if this might be a direct fit. Chime in if anyone might know.
IMO since the Pilot and Ridgeline have similar sub frame, engine and suspension parts the Burtman product could fit the Pilot with minor mods since the overall shape and bends are complete. The Burtman skid plate is probably good for light-weight trail runs in the Pilot but not for the jeepers that rock crawl or take boulder busting strikes.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
785 Posts
If your thinking of building your own, I would suggest picking up a sheet of 6006-T5 Aluminum sheet. Aircraft grade that is a bit more flexible and has a slightly higher heat rating than 6061 Aluminum. You will need a friend with a press break though, it is light but surprisingly strong.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
785 Posts
Something tells me Pringle Can boy didn't think about changing his oil since I failed to see any ports cut into his home made plate to access the drain plug. Nor did he think of ventilation for the plate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts