Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the site outage report.

On Monday, Feb 9th, our DNS hosting provider, ZoneEdit.com, has decided to expire our DNS entries. This was an error on their part and they have admitted it (after many many debates).

It took ZoneEdit a while to respond, so in the meantime I initiated the transfer of our domain DNS hosting to another provider.

In any case, everything should be back up. I really appreciate everyone's patience.

Cheers,
Daniel (admin).

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
FWIW: Some of us are still having problems getting to the Forum/ home screens, IM'd Tim at Hondaaccuraworld, he has the same, getting the ZONEEDIT screen or the 404 message error. When using AOL browser all the time, using separate Internet explorer problem is intermittent.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
DNS changes can take some time to propagate.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
N_Jay said:
DNS changes can take some time to propagate.
Thanks for you insight

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Just got back in. I had called Tim at Hondacuraworld (that Tim , not the other Tim) and asked him to check into it as he was one of the few email addresses I had.

Thanks Tim.

Thanks to the Admin that does much unseen work but in times like these demonstrate what they do to keep us connected.

Wow, I was scared for a while I had lost of of you. :eek:

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
:D wow I thought hp.org was gone forever. I even tried h-p.org to no avail:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,367 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Sportymonk said:
I didn't try that. I just clicked on my bookmark emnu bar which is set for hondapilot.org

I thought other people were going to catch on just as quickly.....I was getting lonely :(

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,038 Posts
I have my coffee and HP.org today. All is well with the world!

·
Registered
15,140 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
N_Jay said:

What time was that?

the main DNS was down.

I saw everything directed to hondapilot.org blocked.
Throughout the AM (EST) yesterday. I even posted a reply in the Photography forum at 1056. I was able to hit each individual forum that was in my browsing history via the exact URL (and they weren't cached pages either).

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
ED27 said:
Throughout the AM (EST) yesterday. I even posted a reply in the Photography forum at 1056. I was able to hit each individual forum that was in my browsing history via the exact URL (and they weren't cached pages either).
Interesting.

Maybe your ISP's DNS cached the IP.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
N_Jay said:

Interesting.

Maybe your ISP's DNS cached the IP.
It worked from 2 PCs with different ISPs. I could move around from forum to forum.....just not to hp.org/forums - that's where I saw the zoneedit error page.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Just to add....my post was replied to at 1257pm - about 30 min before the site admin reported the problem fixed. I'm not sure if the reply came after the fix but maybe the DNS problem wasn't site wide.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Just weird (unless one of our network gurus can explain it)

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Do we need a Stimulus Package to keep HP going?:4:

·
Registered
15,140 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
huh I thought i was the only one with that problem,
but I just kept clicking on the refresh button uper right corner of my computer and boom I got connected again..

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,038 Posts
I'm getting a blank page after posting or when clicking on a thread. Not sure if this is an ISP problem, (I'm verizon) or the host problem. Bottom left hand corner says Done.

Usually cured by hitting the refresh button, but its not an 100% cure

1 - 20 of 21 Posts