Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've narrowed it down to these 2 colors. Do both of them hide dirt well? I like Havasu more than the Silver, but I'm worried that it will look dated in a few years.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
keniwc said:
I've narrowed it down to these 2 colors. Do both of them hide dirt well? I like Havasu more than the Silver, but I'm worried that it will look dated in a few years.
both are pretty similar as far as the dirt thing is concerned....and yes havasu "could" get dated....

eventually get what makes you happy....:p

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
keniwc said:
I like Havasu more than the Silver, but I'm worried that it will look dated in a few years.
Yes, if you get Silver it is already dated. :2:

·
Registered
771 Posts
I think the blue is totally cool. I will attempt to get that color when I purchase next month. Hard to find though. I don't think it will be dated. Its not like it is bright yellow.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Alexandra242628 said:
I think the blue is totally cool. I will attempt to get that color when I purchase next month. Hard to find though. I don't think it will be dated. Its not like it is bright yellow.
Damn, I wish the Pilot came in bright yellow like my CRX.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Remember when silver became big back in the 70's and early 80's? Then it went out of style for many years. Silver cars really looked dated until it came back in style.

This new silver trend won't last forever. At least with the HB, you'll have a unique color, not a popular color that can look dated.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
JungleJim said:
Remember when silver become big back in the 70's
this was teh most common color in the 60s;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
JungleJim said:
Remember when silver become big back in the 70's and early 80's? Then it went out of style for many years. Silver cars really looked dated until it came back in style.

This new silver trend won't last forever. At least with the HB, you'll have a unique color, not a popular color that can look dated.
It ALL comes down to personal taste, except for the fact that a vehicle's resale value is affected by the color.

I personally do not care for the HB as it reminds me of the color that SO MANY Buick Century 4-door sedans that are driven by blue hairs. There must be a bazillion of them on the highways!

:eek:

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
ramirami said:

this was teh most common color in the 60s;)
Hey - that looks just like my first car!!! A 1950 Chevy!!!! Mine was painted a slightly different color!!!

:D

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
colorider said:

I personally do not care for the HB as it reminds me of the color that SO MANY Buick Century 4-door sedans that are driven by blue hairs. There must be a bazillion of them on the highways!

:eek:
Colorider, I just let out a big horse laugh at your comment about blue Buick Century sedans and blue hairs! That's EXACTLY what I was thinking! (I got stuck behind one just this morning!) :2:

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Ziploc said:

Colorider, I just let out a big horse laugh at your comment about blue Buick Century sedans and blue hairs! That's EXACTLY what I was thinking! (I got stuck behind one just this morning!) :2:
Hee Hee!! Well, it's certainly the case where I live - but we may have a higher-than-average number of AARP's around here too. :eek:

Whoops - I better be careful......... I belong to AARP!!!

But then I don't drive a light blue Buick Century either!! :2: :2:

·
Registered
991 Posts
You have to see Havasu in the flesh. Get nothing but compliments on mine all the time!

goodluck with your choice.

·
Registered
900 Posts
We love our Havasu Blue. Waited an extra 6 weeks for it. I think it was worth it. You're right it doesn't show dirt very well. that's great. IMHO Silver just looks like most of the other cars on the road (altho, in a PILOT, of course it's better!)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Redrock Pearl is the obvious choice here...

·
Registered
311 Posts
I like the havasu over the silver. The aint no way the pilot could look like an old buick and I'd love to see a few sporty blue hairs flying down the road in the Pilot. Ofcourse, what Pilot would look best parked out at a scenic spot in the woods - next to a trout stream, campfire going, lots of trees, etc? Well that would have to be an Evergreen Pilot. Hey that's the one I picked! Dang I'm good.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Mkell said:
I like the havasu over the silver. The aint no way the pilot could look like an old buick and I'd love to see a few sporty blue hairs flying down the road in the Pilot. Ofcourse, what Pilot would look best parked out at a scenic spot in the woods - next to a trout stream, campfire going, lots of trees, etc? Well that would have to be an Evergreen Pilot. Hey that's the one I picked! Dang I'm good.
Ha Ha!!! I really didn't want to offend anyone with my reference to blue hairs!! :)

When my wife and I were shopping her new Sebring convertible, we considered the "Sterling Blue Satin Glow". We went through almost the same discussion and comparison as here between it and the "Bright Silver Metallic" offering. We ended up with the Silver!!

:2:

·
Registered
920 Posts
I will admit that silver is a bit "tired", but NB is a nasty, nasty color!!!

·
Registered
991 Posts
MG Pilot said:
I will show you nasty, who gets the first punch? Havasu or I!

Assuming you meant HB

:D

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
MG Pilot said:

are you talking of Havasu Blue or of Black...??NB ??:confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
silver is a classic

keniwc,

IMHO, silver is one of the three classic and timeless colors...

the other two are black and white.

good luck,
chris

:1:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts