Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Silvania web site says H4s(silver star) are for Motor cycles and for cars they recommended 9003 ST High/low beam lights. Please inform me if silver star H4/ philips vision plus are low beam or both low /high beam lights.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
chitturi said:
Silvania web site says H4s(silver star) are for Motor cycles and for cars they recommended 9003 ST High/low beam lights. Please inform me if silver star H4/ philips vision plus are low beam or both low /high beam lights.
H4 bulbs are that are not labled HB2 or 9003 are technically not legal auto headlights.
The lighting laws for motorcycles are more forgiving.

Don't worry, I don't think any cop on the road will know the difference.

All H4/HB2/9003 bulbs are dual filement High/Low type

·
Registered
46 Posts
The Silver stars are 9003, Hi & lo beam, fit like a glove and are street legal.

You will appreciate the brightness, especially on reflective surfaces such as stop signs, etc. Just to prove it to yourself, replace one at a time. Then sit in your driveway blocking one lamp at a time, and I guarantee you'll notice a difference!

Ted

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had my pilot replaced with the 9003s SilverStar. They are definitely brighter than the stock and whiter. However, no one will mistake them for Xenon lights. I parked my Pilot with the Silverstar next to my Mercedes S500 with HID in the garage with both car headlights on. There is a big difference. The mercedes lights are white! The Pilot are yellowish; however, not as yellow as the original headlight the came with the Pilot. All in all, I am happy with the purchase because it is brighter than the stocks, which alone is worth the $$$.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the PIAA Extreme White bulbs and they are definitly not YELLOW... They are bluish White...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the silverstars for headlights and the PIAA Extreme whites for my fog lights. After installing the PIAA, it makes the silverstars look less white if that makes any sense.

One thing I can say, though, with my combination (which is aimed appropriately, BTW) is that night driving is excellent. I feel very confident in my viewing area, and much improved over the stock setup. I wouldn't necessarily say my "fog" driving will be any better with going away from yellow, but the regular night driving is very good for me.

Ted

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
DanL said:
Yep, that's what has kept me from purchasing them. The fact that they seem to burn out rather quickly is a common thread across other auto forums as well.
I keep my original bulbs in the packaging the Silverstars came in, in the Pilot, to do a quick replacement if necessary.:(

·
Registered
18 Posts
I installed silverstars last january. one lasted 3 months, the other lasted 4 months. I complained to sylvania and they sent me a new pair. I haven't used them yet and bought the Phillips Vision Plus instead. they aren't quite as white/bright, but i've used them since June without burning one out yet.

·
Registered
111 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have PIAA Extremes in my Odyssey and Pilot. I have found myself replacing them anywhere from 3- 6months each. Even though covered under warrentees it is becomming a real pain. I need the whiter, brighter lamps for my wife at night but cannnot justify going full HID. Does anyone have suggestions to replace my PIAA> Does anyone have extended time with the Silverstars or others?
As always, thanks!

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
HDTVEE said:
I have PIAA Extremes in my Odyssey and Pilot. I have found myself replacing them anywhere from 3- 6months each. Even though covered under warrentees it is becomming a real pain. I need the whiter, brighter lamps for my wife at night but cannnot justify going full HID. Does anyone have suggestions to replace my PIAA> Does anyone have extended time with the Silverstars or others?
As always, thanks!
I like the SilverStars, but as an experiment decided to try the Sylvania Xtravision (9003VX) bulbs. I got them at Advance Auto Parts for $9.98 each plus tax, half the cost of SilverStars, and they aren't supposed to suffer from early burnout. The claim tp be 30% brighter than regular bulbs.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Geo said:
all overdriven bulbs burn out faster. the silverstars are tinted and then overdriven to compensate for loss of lumens. silverstars have been proven to give no better visability in all tests. there bulbs out there that are proven to increase visabilty that are cheaper than silverstars:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=g:thl4200039887d&dq=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&[email protected].edu&rnum=4

Wow! Great article on Google! Thanks for posting that link! :D

I may try a set of Xtra Visions....................

1 - 15 of 15 Posts