Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda finally came forward and decided to address the paint problem on the hood of my car. Its in the body shop as I speak. I'm not to trilled in having the hood repainted but I took to several shops and everyone recommended to have the hood repainted. They claim that the factory didn't sprayed the hood properly. Even the robots are not perfect. It looks like its missing paint. Today is not that bad but with some years and some sun on it, the dark stains are going to be more pronounced. So I decided to give them an ok and have repainted. I had some paint done by this place before when I bought the car and was very happy with their work. I hope it comes out better.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I'm sure you've been following RipRock's threads. Same problem.
Hope it works out for you! :4:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got my car back and I'm very happy. The hood looks great! I guess if can find a good shop, is worth it. Especially when Honda is paying for.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Starlight Silver Paint

I too have noticed that the Silver paint on the Hondas tend to be blotchy. It was not on the Pilot that I noticed it first. I was at the dealer at the time asking for the ETA on my order when I noticed the Oddysey at the lot. I thought at first it was just the way the light was reflecting off of it but careful examination shows it's a poor paint job. I think it would be more noticeable on the Ody since it has very big body panels than the Pilot. I hope not all of them are like that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts