Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As promised, here is the new setup. The ride does not feel as cushy, but that's good. There is more tire noise as the OEM tires were car road tires and not light truck/suv tires. What do you think?? I showed them to the Honda sales guy and he was blown away by the difference. I think they may look a little better in person than the photos show.

I have the side steps on order and look forward to dressing it up a little.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Specs

I got them at Discount Tire (Tires.com)

Konig Tantrum wheels 17 x 8
Michelin Cross Terrain 255/60 17"

This combo only varies the speedo by 0.3% according to their computer.

An actual 60mph would indicate 60.2 mph

Whole package incl tax just under $1500
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
486 Posts
Too much!

I'm getting the same set up from the same store and am only paying $1204. complete! My wheels are different but the same price, and same tires. I priced my package with their online dept. and negotiated the best I could. Then I called the manager at our local Discount Tire and he matched their price including tax and install. You may be able to get some money back if you talk to the manager at your store with a better quote from the same company!
Oh yeah, to get a better price on the tires, I simply pointed out that Tirerack has that size on special for $114. ea. right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Thanks for posting the picture - sweet set-up - I'm thinking about putting the MDX Touring 17" rims on mine!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
592 Posts
Iceman:

Nice sharp picture.

May I ask, what camera did you use ? I am in the market for one. Thinking about either a digital camcroder with still picture capability or just a digital camera. I think the resolution differs between two quite a bit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Which camera?

Thanks for the nice remarks on my Pilot's new look. As for the picture, I use a Canon G2 digital camera. Since going digital, I have been shooting a lot more photos of the family and friends. I also print out the ones I like using a Canon S9000 photo printer which can print up to 13x19" prints at better than photolab quality. With the 256mb card that I recently purchased, I can take 2719 photos on the one card at the highest compression or about 123 shots at the lowest compression and high resolution. This is my third digital and I'm not going back to film. I will probably go to the SLR digital when the price comes down some more so I can have more flexibility with wide and telephoto lenses.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
900 Posts
Digital Camera

I have a Canon S40 which is similar to the G2 that Iceman mentions.
They are both 4 megapizels. The S40 is built to be SMALL so it's easy to take places. G2 allows swivel LCD, remote, and can have lenses attach, etc. S40 is one neat compact package. Love it. All the Taffeta White and moonroof pictures were taken with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
486 Posts
wheels to cameras

We cover it all.
Anyone familiar with the new Nikon 5700 8x optical
5mp camera? That's what I'm eyeing.

Ice, how do you like the Canon s9000? That's the photo printer I'm considering. How are the borderless 4x6 shots?

Maybe we should start a digital camera thread?

I would love to get a Nikon 4000 film scanner to start archiving the bazillion shots on film I have. I figure I'd be done by the time the kids were married...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
03pilot said:
Iceman:

Nice sharp picture.

May I ask, what camera did you use ? I am in the market for one. Thinking about either a digital camcroder with still picture capability or just a digital camera. I think the resolution differs between two quite a bit.
03pilot, unless actual video footage is what you're most interested in, I would strongly suggest that you go with a good digital camera rather than a digicam/camcorder combo. You'll usually always get better pictures with a straight digital camera.

You can get some pretty good deals around on 2MP or 3MP digital cameras, that take great quality pictures. I have an Olympus 3000Z (3MP) digital camera, but no Pilot to take pictures of (boo-hoo). I think it takes great looking photos and receive many compliments on the quality. Can't wait to get the Pilot so I can start taking pictures. I decided to install a lot of my own accessories, so I'm hoping to take a lot of before and after pictures of the installations.

I also teach a Continuing Education Digital Photography course at a local community college - sort of a cool part time job! Good luck with your decision!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
SoapPlant said:


03pilot, unless actual video footage is what you're most interested in, I would strongly suggest that you go with a good digital camera rather than a digicam/camcorder combo. You'll usually always get better pictures with a straight digital camera.

You can get some pretty good deals around on 2MP or 3MP digital cameras, that take great quality pictures. I have an Olympus 3000Z (3MP) digital camera, but no Pilot to take pictures of (boo-hoo). I think it takes great looking photos and receive many compliments on the quality. Can't wait to get the Pilot so I can start taking pictures. I decided to install a lot of my own accessories, so I'm hoping to take a lot of before and after pictures of the installations.

I also teach a Continuing Education Digital Photography course at a local community college - sort of a cool part time job! Good luck with your decision!
Since 03pilot has the pilot and you have the camera, why dont your lend you camera to 03pilot. This way we all will have good pictures to see. :2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
797 Posts
Like the wheels. Looks great!

As for cameras, I now have the Canon G2 and it rocks! (Replaced my Kodak DC280 which I rolled over the file counter at 10,000 pictures before upgrading.) The G2 is one of the best out there. 4 megapixels and does short movies too (like many others). Two of its best features are taking the 1GB Microdrive (which can be gotten for around $200 now) and one of the top batteries in the business. Took over 600 pictures in London on one battery in February - about half with LCD and Flash and the battery never showed that it was getting low! Then I switched to the second battery, just because, and kept on shooting. Filled up that Microdrive with somewhere over 1000+ pictures. At the highest setting and best quality, you can get about 550 pictures on the Microdrive. I used some lower resolutions to extend my memory usage before switching to the 256MB CF Card. Great thing about CF Cards is you can immediately pop them into your iPaq Pocket PC, connect to your cell phone's modem via IR (or Bluetooth), and send a couple home via e-mail. :2:

Some great resources for camera reviews:
http://www.dcresource.com
http://www.dpreview.com
http://www.steves-digicams.com
http://www.imaging-resource.com
http://www.shortcourses.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
GREAT tire and rim combo. Looks really good!!!! sooooo tempted to do the same thing!!

Carl
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
Monkey8 said:


Since 03pilot has the pilot and you have the camera, why dont your lend you camera to 03pilot. This way we all will have good pictures to see. :2:
Gosh, I dunno? Let me think about that for a second...

Well, digital cameras are sometimes very difficult to operate, and since I'm assuming that 03pilot has never used a digital camera, but I have driven a car before, I was thinking it might be easier for him just to give me his Pilot instead until mine comes in or he gets his own digital camera!

That sounds fair, don't you think!

:27:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Since were talking about digital cameras and such, I have a Nikon 995 and Canon S800 printer. Great combo. Used to have a Nikon F-5 (super camera) but after I got digital, I never used the F-5 hardly. I also seem to take a lot more pictures now. Being able to take 160 pictures before I have to "change film" ie: download to computer, is really great. Also with a good printer like the Canon S800, you can print any shots you want, any size and in any number. Ain't technology great!
If you're thinking about going digital by all means go to www.dpreview.com. Very good site. Forums are a great place to get very useful info.

To see pics of our Pilot with the hail dents go to http://homepage.mac.com/rustym

Rusty
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top