Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the other day I saw a silver ML-320 with silver(steel actually) sidesteps and grille guard. Looked really nice .

I was wondering if anyone is aware of any "silver" side-steps and grille guards available for the Pilot

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
ramirami said:
the other day I saw a silver ML-320 with silver(steel actually) sidesteps and grille guard. Looked really nice .

I was wondering if anyone is aware of any "silver" side-steps and grille guards available for the Pilot
The Chrome MDX steps should fit.
Saw them on a Black '03 MDX this weekend; LOOKED GOOD!

·
Registered
194 Posts
WAAG makes them as well, but they are not available yet for the Pilot. You might have seen them on Xterra's. They are brushed steel.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just received and installed my stainless Manik side steps today. They work and look great. I tried for a picture, but it was dark and I have low lighting in the garage so it didn't come out well. Trying to attach? New at this so it may not come out.

By the way the part number from Manik is 489154TSP.

Attachments

·
Registered
747 Posts
load capacity on those steps ?

beowulf777

It looks like Manik has only two supporting bracket under each steps. While OEM and Westin bar has 3.
What's the load capacity with Manik

Tim

·
Registered
95 Posts
re: load rating

According to Manik the maximum load for the step is 300 pounds. This was from an individual who worked in their installation department. I also had some one tell me 500 pounds, but they were in customer service.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
beowulf777,
Your side steps look beautiful!!!! :18: How long did the installation take?

Can I ask the price?

·
Registered
964 Posts
colorider said:
beowulf777,
Your side steps look beautiful!!!! :18: How long did the installation take?

Can I ask the price?
According the the web site the price is $532 for the set. I didn't check how much shipping was.

Beowulf777, your pics rock. Way better than the pictures on the manik web site. Their pics are of a silver MDX with them on. Looks much better on your Pilot.

·
Registered
95 Posts
re: price

I purchased the side steps from truckimage.com for about $385.00 shipped.

The installation took me a couple of hours because I am an idiot, but it should take a normal person between 1 to 2 hours.

The "holes" for the installation have plastic plugs in them. To get them to release you have to punch the middle of the plug. I destroyed the first one before I figured it out. Also the support brackets are labeled for orientation so make sure you lay them out properly.

I really like them and I think the class-up the look of the Pilot.

·
Registered
747 Posts
ever feel them stick out too much?

I think they are 1" farther away from door when compare with OEM ones. That almost makes me have to use them everytime I step out the car. That's why I rework them so just like oem ones. People above average height still can directly set foot at ground without too much effort.

·
Registered
112 Posts
That's why I rework them so just like oem ones.
timchen, what did you do to "rework" them? I'm getting the Manik's on my Pilot, and I am a little concerned that they stick out a tad far, especially given the tight space in the garage.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Manik steps

On Manik steps, bolts go thru slots to lock down their brackets. So you can actually slide them in and out a little bit before you lock them down.
However, there is a link rod to fix one bolt position at rear bracket. You can't remove the rod, otherwise, you may lock down the brackets in a position that putting a lot of stress back to car's frame. You can try that and step mount feel 'soft' if the rear bolt isn't in the right position.
That rod also rob away some of your freedom to move those steps in and out. With the rod, even the innest position still too wide for my taste.
So I extended the slot one inch on steps' bracket. You need to do that at least for the slot with holding rod, and may be a little bit for other bolt slot. I saw, dill and grind to make the slot extended one inch. :1:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts