Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings folks! My wife and I just welcomed a son to the world on Saturday night! :D :D

The little fella is doing fine, but the tinting on the side windows isn't cutting it. Does anyone have any suggestions of side window shades that fit the Pilot?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Well, before there were such things as window tinting and sun shades, we used pillow cases and towels...

:D

Congrats, BTW! Does your infant seat have a canopy?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much. Yes, the seat does have a canopy, but it doesn't go all the way over.

We had a safety 1st on our Passat. You're right, it was lame. I'm off to Babies R Us to see what else they've got.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't have any suggestions, all the aftermarket sunshade products I've seen pretty much suck. When my son was still in an infant carseat (he's in a convertible carseat now), sometimes if the sun was really glaring, I would just adjust the canopy so it would cover more of his face. We started out with a Graco Snugride, but because he was a preemie, we needed a seat with a 4lb minimum (Graco is 5lb min.) before they would release him from the hospital, so we went out and bought a Chicco Keyfit - and both seats had adjustable canopies.

I always felt the factory tint was good enough, and if the sun was in his eyes for a few minutes, my son would just sneeze a couple of times and close his eyes. Unless you're driving in a straight line for a LOONG time, as the road curves and you make turns, the sun will hit other areas of the vehicle.

Aryn

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've got a direct East-West commute and found the static cling window shades were useless for my baby (who was just moved up to a convertible seat that doesn't have a sunshade canopy). I'm getting the windows tinted darker. FYI, I read the roller shades are unsafe (projectiles in a crash).

HTH!

·
Registered
91 Posts
One step ahead has a sunshade that will cover the whole side window. Just check their website.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I know this is off topic, but I saw her avitar...Alexandra, you here about D-Wade? That thing was a freak injury and now maybe out six weeks? It's too bad...he carried my fantasy bball team to the championship last year!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
**Correction** ... not "here" but "hear"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts