Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the Side Steps on my Pilot (pics to follow shortly). The instructions mention to make sure that there is even spacing between the inner part of the sidestep and the body of the truck.

I ask...how can't it NOT be? Once the nuts and bolts are tightened, the steps move into place. It's not like there is an option to adjust the height of them and/or how close you want them to the body of the truck.

Visually, both sides look exactly the same.

Your experiences with the sidesteps?

Thanks.

·
Registered
449 Posts
brooklynpilot said:
I just installed the Side Steps on my Pilot (pics to follow shortly). The instructions mention to make sure that there is even spacing between the inner part of the sidestep and the body of the truck.

I ask...how can't it NOT be? Once the nuts and bolts are tightened, the steps move into place. It's not like there is an option to adjust the height of them and/or how close you want them to the body of the truck.

Visually, both sides look exactly the same.

Your experiences with the sidesteps?

Thanks.
Yes I agree. Once you get all the bolts on loose fitted, there isn't much play left.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply.

It took me 1hr 30mins to put them on, which I thought was pretty good.

Guess there is no concern to start measuring the spacings and height! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree there's not much play one all the bolts are somewhat snugged down. The good new is they line up pretty straight.

Fuz...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts