Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I came out of the grocery store the other day, and my front and rear side markers were on, with the doors locked. I have never seen this before. When I unlocked the car they turned off. The only thing I noticed was a car had just pulled in facing mine before I got there. Am wondering if it had maybe bumped my bumper or something. I checked the light switch, and it was still set to Auto. Any idea what may cause this?

Thanks,

Terry

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,845 Posts
Cause????

If this is the one and only time it has happened, I wouldn't worry about it. If and when it happens again then you might want to start doing some digging. At this point it could be anything, nothing or a one time fluke.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cause????

If this is the one and only time it has happened, I wouldn't worry about it. If and when it happens again then you might want to start doing some digging. At this point it could be anything, nothing or a one time fluke.
Yet it puzzles me that you consider this normal! 😆

·
Administrator
4,845 Posts
Yet it puzzles me that you consider this normal! 😆
I didn’t say it was normal, but there are times when stuff just happens. If you can’t replicate it, what is there to investigate?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn’t say it was normal, but there are times when stuff just happens. If you can’t replicate it, what is there to investigate?
No I get it DG. I’m a computer guy and people always want to know why “stuff” happens that we cant explain. Address it as best possible, and move on, is the SOP. I listened to an episode of RadioLab that told how much cosmic rays can flip a bit on computers, and was used in the expert/legal explanation of the infamous Toyota acceleration issue, as well as many other “glitches”. This is my first Honda, so was just wondering if maybe bumping it might trigger a response or something. Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I get it DG. I’m a computer guy and people always want to know why “stuff” happens that we cant explain. Address it as best possible, and move on, is the SOP. I listened to an episode of RadioLab that told how much cosmic rays can flip a bit on computers, and was used in the expert/legal explanation of the infamous Toyota acceleration issue, as well as many other “glitches”. This is my first Honda, so was just wondering if maybe bumping it might trigger a response or something. Thanks!
In case anyone is interested: Bit Flip | Radiolab | WNYC Studios

·
Administrator
4,845 Posts
Okay, by chance Click & Clack the Tappet Brothers happened to have your issue on the show today. Keep in mind that the show is in reruns as Tom left us in 2014.

The caller however had the problem of the parking lights coming on when the car was off an it was cool/cold outside. What a bit of fate.

First question. Do you have an aftermarket alarm system installed? If so, something may have gone wrong with the alarm system and the best thing would be to pray for an electrical fire to solve the problem. 😂

Okay, The two serious suggestions were either the light switch, as the callers vehicle has the same style rotating lever type switch that Honda uses, as opposed to the old dash mounted pull out switch.

The second suggestion was the relay. If you have the problem again then you might want to start your investigation there.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
C&C was one of my favorite shows.

No alarm system. Strictly a stock 2017 Pilot Elite.

OK, thanks for the info @Daltongang , appreciate it. Like you recommended, I will just keep an eye out for now since it was a one-off. Thanks for the help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts