Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a trick to replacing the pullout sidelamps, which are in the headlight cluster or are my hands just too big?

·
Registered
919 Posts
See, this is what this site is all about. People helping other people, and sometime even helping themselves. :29:

If you start arguing with yourself in an oil thread, we're locking you up. Got it?

Chris

·
Registered
311 Posts
Speaking of oil..........

·
Registered
664 Posts
Speaking of side lamps

Did anyone consider side markers like on a SAAB or Mercedes. I've never had a vehicle with them but always thought they looked classy.

Although I could always get one of those side mirrors with the turn signal in it! (I think they are a little rough.)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Re: Speaking of side lamps

banningjr said:
Did anyone consider side markers like on a SAAB or Mercedes.
Yes, actually. I recently installed a pair of generic side marker lights on our new Pilot. Drilling two holes in a brand new vehicle was tough, but it worked out fine. The ones I used are clear plastic with amber bulbs. I like the looks of the side marker lights and I think they contribute to our driving safety as well.

I wired them up so that they illuminate whenever the parking lamps or headlamps are on, and the side marker on the respective side also flashes when the turn signal is activated.

Eventually, I plan to replace the generic marker lights with Hella LED marker lights. The Hella's are recessed and require a pretty large opening, so I'm waiting until I can get my nerve up. :13:

·
Registered
664 Posts
Sounds nice. What are the picture odds?

·
Registered
173 Posts
side marker lamps...

Here is an overall view:

Attachments

·
Registered