Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2021 Black, Elite and Touring models have a different driver side window glass part number than the lower trims.

Could the side glass be acoustical on the upper trims? If so, I may replace my driver door glass.

Just a theory, I had a rental Touring model for a while and did not hear any of the wind noise that I do on my SE.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The 2021 Black, Elite and Touring models have a different driver side window glass part number than the lower trims.

Could the side glass be acoustical on the upper trims? If so, I may replace my driver door glass.

Just a theory, I had a rental Touring model for a while and did not hear any of the wind noise that I do on my SE.
The side windows are acoustical. I just proved my point. The Touring does not allow the wind turbulence to be heard in the cabin. Exactly what I experienced.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
The side windows are acoustical. I just proved my point. The Touring does not allow the wind turbulence to be heard in the cabin. Exactly what I experienced.
Yea I remember seeing that... the question is can you just replace the glass itself or does it require new tracks, seals, a different motor if it's heavier, etc.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I remember seeing that... the question is can you just replace the glass itself or does it require new tracks, seals, a different motor if it's heavier, etc.
No other new parts. Lower trims have ACG Temperline glass. Upper trims have ACG Lamisafe. I am replacing my drivers door glass ASAP.

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
12,308 Posts
No other new parts. Lower trims have ACG Temperline glass. Upper trips have ACG Lamisafe. I am replacing my drivers door glass ASAP.
That's good info!
Please let us know what your final cost for replacement is.

·
Registered
12,308 Posts
Reduced cancer risk!
What a selling point!

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Excellent info! For sure, come back and let us know what the cost was. I can see this being a popular upgrade if it's not cost prohibitive.

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Excellent info! For sure, come back and let us know what the cost was. I can see this being a popular upgrade if it's not cost prohibitive.
The saga continues. The Honda part for the acoustic glass on a Pilot Touring, Black, Elite is showing discontinued. More research needed..

Attachments

·
Registered
12,308 Posts
The saga continues. The Honda part for the acoustic glass on a Pilot Touring, Black, Elite is showing discontinued. More research needed..
It's not like a broken glass gets replaced with OEM. Not surprised.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Have you found instructions on how to replace the glass yet?

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Is there a difference in thickness between the two types?
The OP said in one of his earliest replies that there are no other new parts (tracks, motor, etc.), which leads me to believe the thickness is the same or negligibly different.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts