Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Consumer Reports Online, the '04 MDX will have head protection airbags. Could the Pilot be far behind?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
If this news is true, I sure hope it's available in the Pilot. I never could understand why the more expensive vehicles have more safety options. I guess those buyers are more important. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
GreenMachine said:
If this news is true, I sure hope it's available in the Pilot. I never could understand why the more expensive vehicles have more safety options. I guess those buyers are more important. :rolleyes:
The more expensive vehicles have more safety options because it's more expensive to include them. If you sell 100,000 units a year, and a feature costs $30 per unit to include, you need some part of $3 million of working capital to put that feature in. Plus, there's the marketing angle. Why pay $42,000 for an MDX if you get all the same features in a Pilot for $33,000? Acura is a great luxury brand, but not $9,000 great.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
dwwall said:
According to Consumer Reports Online, the '04 MDX will have head protection airbags. Could the Pilot be far behind?
Hi, dwwall.

For us nonsubscribers, is there any more information on the website about this? Plans for Pilot? I would buy this as an option if it's not standard on the Pilot. If it's only available on the MDX, I might reconsider the MDX.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
robrecht,

Sorry, I got the information from acuramdx.org so I didn't read it myself. This is all that is stated so I assume that is all the information that was given. However, the online subscription to Consumer Reports is only $5.95 a month if someone would like to read the entire article.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts