Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 EX (sunroof and leather) with 100,00 miles. I had been having the shuddering issue for severaL months and had the transmission fluid changed around 80,000 miles per Honda. Ran ok a week or 2 then shuddering consistently got worse. Took to mechanic who had TSB - he changed my fuel injectors and took to have software update for transmission done. Ran great a week or so and now the shuddering on acceleration or around 50mph is driving me nuts! Financially I cannot trade for anything else right now or I would and just spent $1200 so I am tapped out on repair $. Anyone have this problem and have suggestions? some people are saying it could be the torque converter which I hope not.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The engine mounts are electronically controlled hydraulic units that are designed to dampen vibrations when VCM engages. I'm not saying that's your issue but something to consider.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
The engine mounts are electronically controlled hydraulic units that are designed to dampen vibrations when VCM engages. I'm not saying that's your issue but something to consider.
I'd deffinetly get a VCM deactivation device and have my front and rear motor mounts checked before tearing into the transmission.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts