Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
When I went in to pick up my Pilot last Tuesday evening, it was sitting on the showroom floor -- nice and shiny. After the usual paper signing and "How to Operate the Pilot" dance, they let me drive my beauty right off the showroom floor. I did not think to bring a camera or camcorder, but I thought to myself afterwards "That was pretty cool to do".

Did anyone else get to drive their new Pilot off the showroom floor as they left the dealership? Just curious.

If anyone sees this who has not picked up their Pilot yet, hopefully this post will be a reminder to grab that camera or camcorder (if they let you) to capture the moment forever! I really do "Love My Pilot" and it hasn't broken a sweat yet (still under 150 miles on it).:2:

·
Registered
283 Posts
when I went to the dealership they had mine in the garage and just finished the inspection they do when it comes off the truck. No one had claimed it yet so I jumped on it and licked the door handle :D .

·
Registered
36 Posts
I didn't actually get to drive mine out of the building, but I did buy it off the showroom floor. Got it for MSRP, but man did I get killed on the accessory mark-up! Live and learn. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
29 Posts
My PILOT was also on the showroom floor. I had spoken by phone with the internet sales manager earlier in the day and had put a $200 deposit on it so that he would hold it until I got there. When we got to the dealership, there were at LEAST a half a dozen people admiring "my" vehicle, but I wasn't worried because I KNEW it was mine!

I did not, however, get to drive it off of the showroom floor. I think they had to move another vehicle or two to get it out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any other showroom experiences??

Hello all,
You mean to tell me that no one else got to drive their new Pilot off the showroom floor? :D Somebody else had to have had this experience, right?

OK, if not, did any of you recent buyers take pictures of your "shiny new" Pilot before you drove it home from the dealer? Let us know!

Camcorder anyone? This moment is truly one not to be overlooked, so take those cameras/camcorders when going for the final pickup date. Treat it as a newborn coming into our world -- you'll treasure the moment once it has long passed.

I know because I thought about the camera/camcorder after the event happened. :( Darn, and I always take those with me. Still loving my Pilot though (just over 2000 miles)!

Happy Piloting! :2:

·
Registered
138 Posts
CoasterCrazy26 said:
Hello all,
When I went in to pick up my Pilot last Tuesday evening, it was sitting on the showroom floor -- nice and shiny. After the usual paper signing and "How to Operate the Pilot" dance, they let me drive my beauty right off the showroom floor. I did not think to bring a camera or camcorder, but I thought to myself afterwards "That was pretty cool to do".

Did anyone else get to drive their new Pilot off the showroom floor as they left the dealership? Just curious.

If anyone sees this who has not picked up their Pilot yet, hopefully this post will be a reminder to grab that camera or camcorder (if they let you) to capture the moment forever! I really do "Love My Pilot" and it hasn't broken a sweat yet (still under 150 miles on it).:2:
My Pilot was in the garage when I went to pick it up. I'm just curious, since you drove your Pilot off the showroom floor does that mean you didn't take it for a test drive before you bought it?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I wanted to capture our Pilot's delivery on video, but my wife objected. She said "You're not serious are you?" as I was looking for a spare camcorder battery.

They had our waiting for us outside on a concrete pad in front of the showroom. Normally they put cool cars on that pad, like the S2000 or Accord Coupe EX. It was my most pleasurable car buying experience ever. The worst was when I bought my 2000 VW Passat...a story for a different forum.

..Alpha

·
Registered
900 Posts
Ours was in the display area right outside the showroom
floor too. Pretty cool.

That's it in my avatar, but for a better picture see the thread
about our delivery ...
http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=912

Congratulations! Ours is 7 months old now and we still love it, no problems at all. We are about to take a trip to florida in it for Spring Break.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Re: Any other showroom experiences??

CoasterCrazy26 said:
Hello all,
You mean to tell me that no one else got to drive their new Pilot off the showroom floor? :D Somebody else had to have had this experience, right?

OK, if not, did any of you recent buyers take pictures of your "shiny new" Pilot before you drove it home from the dealer? Let us know!

Camcorder anyone? This moment is truly one not to be overlooked, so take those cameras/camcorders when going for the final pickup date. Treat it as a newborn coming into our world -- you'll treasure the moment once it has long passed.

I know because I thought about the camera/camcorder after the event happened. :( Darn, and I always take those with me. Still loving my Pilot though (just over 2000 miles)!

I surprised my wife with "her" new Pilot. Daughters offered to take her to dinner - drove to dealership on the prestense of looking at new cars, and her Pilot was in the delivery area - she didn't have a clue until she saw her license plates KIDSR1 on the Pilot. She absolutely loves the thing - as do the GRANDkids - they now want to stay in the Pilot and watch movies. I have pictures of the delivery event.

bakerlar

·
Registered
409 Posts
Delivery!

We also didn't have our video or digital with us when we picked up our new Pilot. We actually didn't expect delivery until the next day as was schedualed. Our "Super Salesman" Dan called us just as the truck was driving in at 8am and told us it was here early.

He had it prepped and waiting for us with a big window sign that said "SOLD to Don & Brenda" by that afternoon. It was right in front and was attracting a bit of a crowd sitting there all shiny.

Don

·
Registered
43 Posts
Delivery

Delivery date moved up 3 days! However, due to previous commitments and meetings we couldn't pick it up until the original delivery date.

It was all shiny and sitting in front of the dealership. According to our salesman, they made three mores sales of the exact vehicle off of ours. I tried to get a discount for my hard work, but no go.

No pictures at the dealership. Buying experience was wonderful. Did have to check the anti-lock brakes on the trip home!?! Just missed two deer. Under 5 feet off the front bumper. Needless to say I spent a couple of minutes collecting myself on the shoulder of the highway.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
slick2,
Congratulations and welcome to the Pilot club!
I'm glad to hear that you did not hit those deer. I can't even imagine what kind of damage it would have caused. My sister's husband hit one about a year ago in MD, and it messed up the front of their SUV (Montero Sport). Be careful out there.

Happy Piloting!:2:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
CoasterCrazy26 said:
slick2,
Congratulations and welcome to the Pilot club!
I'm glad to hear that you did not hit those deer. I can't even imagine what kind of damage it would have caused. My sister's husband hit one about a year ago in MD, and it messed up the front of their SUV (Montero Sport). Be careful out there.

Happy Piloting!:2:
Well, since you were wondering what kind of damage a deer can do to an SUV...

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Re: Showroom Experience

Rainbowslim said:

My Pilot was in the garage when I went to pick it up. I'm just curious, since you drove your Pilot off the showroom floor does that mean you didn't take it for a test drive before you bought it?
Rainbowslim,
I did not test drive the Pilot that I purchased in January, but I did test drive a Pilot back in December. I remember the demo Pilot was a Sandstone Metallic, and when I first got in I expected the salesman to jump in on the other side. He just handed me the keys and said "Take it out for a spin, let me know what you think when you get back." I thought that was really cool because when I lived in Baltimore, MD, they would NEVER let anyone take a demo vehicle for a spin -- that is not by yourself.

Needless to say, after I got back I decided that I wanted the Pilot ASAP and I had to sell my Montero Sport ASAP! I'm glad I did. :)

Since my Sage Brush Pilot came earlier (almost two weeks) than the original estimated delivery date, I was just happy to get to the dealer and pick it up. I had FAITH that the one I purcahsed (and waited for) was going to be just fine. After all, it is a Honda... so I could not ask for anything more. I had a '96 Civic once, and now my wife has an '02 Accord, so I was confident based on those experiences with Honda. No Problems to date and still luvin' it.:p

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
kemosabe said:

Well, since you were wondering what kind of damage a deer can do to an SUV...
WOW :eek: Kemo,
I see your point Loud and Clear. How's it going down there in MD?
Check this out, we had snow Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.
Today we hit 78º -- go figure. :confused: Stange weather up here in Happy Valley for sure!

·
Registered
27 Posts
CoasterCrazy26 said:

When we went for pickup, our Pilot was front and center inside the showroom. Tailgate up and doors open just waiting for us. I thought for a second they might let me drive it thru the big glass doors, but the sales woman took the honors - she had to fold in both mirrors and was left with about 2" of clearance on either side :eek: . I was glad she did it when I saw that.

Sorry, no pics. We brought the camera in case of any defects, but didn't think to take a pic in the showroom.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts