Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Yes and no, maybe AWD is better, but then again 4x4 looks better!

rob

·
Registered
991 Posts
I guess there is a reason for everything.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
reason?

Look at other SUV's and trucks,they proudly have the 4X4 on them.I guess for pride.Really does not matter or different would made with or without.

·
Registered
465 Posts
People who don't know much about the Pilot ask me if it is 2 wheel drive or what, so I can see where the badge would be good.

This is pretty funny -- One girl asked me if my Pilot was 4 wheel drive. I told her it was all wheel drive. She then told me she couldn't get one then because she lived in an area where she needed 4 wheel drive in the winter. I didn't bother explaining what all wheel drive was to her after that. I wasn't sure she would understand...:8:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's true

I'm in a town of 150 thousand population.Believe it or not,I was the first that got the Pilot(inJune)until now I've seen only 3 in town.That's why there a lot of poeple don't know about Pilots.I park my pilot outside of the store every day,and custumers keep asking a bout it and the often asked question is :" is it 4 wheel drive?"

·
Registered
991 Posts
Re: reason?

baoloclamdong said:
Look at other SUV's and trucks,they proudly have the 4X4 on them.I guess for pride.Really does not matter or different would made with or without.
Pride? I don't think so, the whole point of it is the advertise that the Pilot is 4X4 or AWD.. Pride has nothing to do with it. I will not be spending money to put this on my Pilot, but I think it would give potential customers something to think about when making a decision to by a GM or a Honda..

rob

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sorry Ladies and Gentlemen, but the last thing I want on my Pilot is a 4X4 chrome or decal.

·
Registered
276 Posts
baoloclamdong said:
Should we put 4X4 logo on our Pilots???
In my view, that really wouldn't look good on a Pilot. That's more for the domestic trucks and SUV's with their jacked up suspension and huge tires.

"4X4" and "Honda" in the same sentence hasn't fully been accepted yet......until they come out with my Honda Pilot EXT.:D

Let's just keep the "4x4" to the domestics and surprise them as we blow by them when they run off the road.

·
Registered
176 Posts
hair color?

It wouldn't be bXXXXe would it?
catbert said:
People who don't know much about the Pilot ask me if it is 2 wheel drive or what, so I can see where the badge would be good.

This is pretty funny -- One girl asked me if my Pilot was 4 wheel drive. I told her it was all wheel drive. She then told me she couldn't get one then because she lived in an area where she needed 4 wheel drive in the winter. I didn't bother explaining what all wheel drive was to her after that. I wasn't sure she would understand...:8:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Personally I dont like a bunch of stickers on my car, but I actually know people who bought a 4 wd Siverado just because they liked the "Z71" sticker....go figure

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
My CR-V has a nice, subtle, "AWD" decal in the rear window. Aren't you guys jealous?:2:

·
Registered
411 Posts
prvalko said:

Nope. I put the "Attach Stuck CR-V Here" plate on the tow hitch! :D

Funny, but our "V" has never been stuck. Believe me I've tried, but no success. Plus, we shouldn't be cutting on other Honda products. There's plenty of "V" built into the Pilot.

The Pilot's system is not much different form the CRV. Neither one is true 4WD nor AWD. They're both mutants in the SUV world ;)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
JungleJim said:

Funny, but our "V" has never been stuck. Believe me I've tried, but no success. Plus, we shouldn't be cutting on other Honda products. There's plenty of "V" built into the Pilot.
Just some friendly sibling rivalry... no harm done. Personally, I think anything that stops my V would stop a Pilot just as easily. At least you guys can watch a DVD while you wait to be rescued. :p

·
Registered
28 Posts
How stupid do you want to look?

"4x4" stickers only make sense on vehicles that are available in 4x2 or 4x4 versions. Everyone knows Pilots are only available in 4x4. You can put whatever sticker you want on your car, but how stupid do you want to look?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah... it's a joke. I stole it from the owners of the BIG Hummer who actually DO have "Attach stuck H2 here" decals.

=p=

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Re: How stupid do you want to look?

cwg said:
"4x4" stickers only make sense on vehicles that are available in 4x2 or 4x4 versions. Everyone knows Pilots are only available in 4x4.
Actually, based on other posts in this thread, "everybody" doesn't know at all.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts