Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my friends said that after starting engine I have to wait 2 minutes before driving. I need your opinion.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Sure

At least long enough to fasten your seal belt, but not much longer.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I agree, there is no need to wait 2 minutes. In warm weather the time it takes to fasten your seat belt and check mirrors is plenty. In cold weather I will start the engine before scraping the windows but I do not wait for it to warm up. I feel it is always a good idea to keep the revs down at least until the temperature gauge starts to move off cold and wait for "normal" operating temperture before running it hard.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sure!

If you want to needlessly increase your town's air polution and decrease your gas mileage, then sure, go ahead and idle it for two minutes before you drive. Heck, five minutes would be even better!

Otherwise, do what others have suggested and drive it gently until the needle moves off of "cold".

Of course, exceptions are made when you are heating it up for your wife who refuses to enter a bone-chilling car in the middle of winter. But exceptions are usually permitted for wives!

·
Registered
919 Posts
We did a poll on this one not too long ago. Check it out and I'm sure you'll find some great comments there. Be sure to vote in the poll while your there.

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts