Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am about to hit 193k miles on my 2003 EX-L, and my oil pump gasket has started to leak. I figured I might as well do the gasket, timing belt, and water pump since I'm almost due for the belt. However, should I replace the oil pump while I'm at it? Is this usually a component that fails on high mileage pilots?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Depends on how much longer your planning to keep the Pilot . That's a 193k on an oem pump.. Pumps will fail eventually .. your call on what your wallet says. It's a $200 part and I would NOT recommend an aftermarket part on such a critical item. I'm at 250k and my gasket is now leaking so I'm also at that cross road with one of my 06's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends on how much longer your planning to keep the Pilot . That's a 193k on an oem pump.. Pumps will fail eventually .. your call on what your wallet says. It's a $200 part and I would NOT recommend an aftermarket part on such a critical item. I'm at 250k and my gasket is now leaking so I'm also at that cross road with one of my 06's.
Tbh will probably put another 50k on the car minimum.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Could always just swap out the gasket and call it a day .. I have not seen too many oil pump failures with the Gen 1's

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
Could always just swap out the gasket and call it a day .. I have not seen too many oil pump failures with the Gen 1's
Honda bond it.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,193 Posts
A bottle of AT-205 took care of mine for under 10 bucks. Been fine for about a year so far.

(I wish I were getting kickbacks for these endorsements.:D Hey AT-205 marketing execs, reach out to me. I can be bought.)

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
A bottle of AT-205 took care of mine for under 10 bucks. Been fine for about a year so far.

(I wish I were getting kickbacks for these endorsements.:D Hey AT-205 marketing execs, reach out to me. I can be bought.)
Rev up your oil leaks!

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
Rev up your oil leaks!

·
Registered
753 Posts
"Now if you'd just listened to a professional mechanic like me you would have bought a Toyota and not had to worry about oil leaks... but instead Honda likes to use cheap seals that only last 200k miles. Really Honda?(insert weird cat face) In 80 years as slightly drunk mechanic I've never seen a Toyota leak oil. My advice, just skip Hondas they're over rated junk"

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
"Now if you'd just listened to a professional mechanic like me you would have bought a Toyota and not had to worry about oil leaks... but instead Honda likes to use cheap seals that only last 200k miles. Really Honda?(insert weird cat face) In 80 years as slightly drunk mechanic I've never seen a Toyota leak oil. My advice, just skip Hondas they're over rated junk"
Little confused on this statement , can you explain bashing Honda and yet you own a 2013 Pilot touring ? :p :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: briantii
1 - 13 of 13 Posts