Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I have only used a quick wax spray on my 2017 Pilot and it still looks like new and beads water like crazy. It lasts about 2 months but is super easy and quick to do. Until I see signs of aging paint/fading, that is all I am going to use.Mine has set outside for 3 years now while I am at work 5 days a week in Florida. I used turtle wax/polish on my old Sequoia and The clearcoat started to give up after only 5-6 years. Not going that same rout with this new Pilot.
How many times did you polish the sequoia? I've never seen a car where the clear coat went bad after 5 years.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
3m pro paint protection film (clear bra). The ceramic coating is great for making the car easier to clean and adding some paint strength/protection. The clear bra is much better for protection against rock chips and bug damage. I'm just doing the front. Kit was around 280.
That's pretty expensive. I'm trying to keep it cheap, so that's why I'm just getting the turtle wax instead of a clear bra. Also, there's a Toyota dealer that puts clear bras on all their cars, and after a few years they start to go bad. I don't know if that's just how they are or if the owners don't take care of them.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
If you do go the route of ceramic coating, make sure to prep the paint properly (wash, clay bar if needed, polish, etc) as it will make a nice difference.
I'm going to use the Turtle wax ceramic spray, so I don't think I'll have to go that far with it, but I'll still wash and clay the car.

·
Registered
41 Posts
That's pretty expensive. I'm trying to keep it cheap, so that's why I'm just getting the turtle wax instead of a clear bra. Also, there's a Toyota dealer that puts clear bras on all their cars, and after a few years they start to go bad. I don't know if that's just how they are or if the owners don't take care of them.
I've seen installers advertise that these films will last 3-5 years depending on the care. Some installers will even offer a warranty.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Mines got a five year warranty. Many people dont care for them the way they're supposed to. Unfortunately the only time people see them is when they go bad.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Also, I've heard someone say that on the parts that you don't wrap, the paint starts to go bad and when you take the wrap off, it doesn't match the color.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Reactions: plplplpl
21 - 29 of 29 Posts