Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am relatively new to this site, but I have been doing a lot of research through the posted threads here in this forum. They are very informative by the way!

Here is my story,

First off I wanted to purchase an Acura MDX, used of course! Who can afford a new one:D ! So I shopped around and just missed a purchase on an 01 with 17,000 miles for only $26k-26.5k. I ran a car fax on it and everything. Clean as a whistle, but someone else jumped on the deal and beat me to the punch.

After more research I became interested in the Honda Pilot. So me and the wife decided to take one for a spin. Seemed nice enough, but for some reason the ride was not very nice. It felt tippy at highway speeds. I was really excited about the Pilot because it was thousands less than an Acura MDX and basically the same truck.

After a few months I decided to test drive one again. This one drove wonderful! I determined that the tires were under inflated on the first one that I drove. What a big difference that made. It drove heavenly the second and third time I tested it!

So now I have a dealer here in MS offering me an 04 EX-L for $30,409 out the door not including the sales tax b/c im out of state. I live in Las Vegas and would register it there and pay the sales tax. Quite a long drive from Biloxi MS to Las Vegas. He offered to pay around $100.00 bucks for the return trip to Vegas.

Well to make a long story a little shorter is this a good deal? It is an 04 (love those adj. seats) and it includes floor mats. Almost forgot. I am presently in MS due to business. I did not have to pay for my trip here. I decided since I'm here why not check on the Pilot. One more thing it is in stock!

Suggestions are very welcome.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
OK deal

Just my 2 cents. Sounds like an ok deal. Nothing exceptional. That's roughly what I paid for my 2003 EX-L mid July. Good luck.....

:soapbox:

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
The carpet mats are standard on the Pilot. If you mean the all season floor mats made of rubber, they cost about $100. Dealers usually will throw in the rear splash guards and wheel locks. So try and get those too. Other items that would be easy for the dealer to throw in are the cargo tray and cross bars. Good luck and let us know how it all turns out.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Re: OK deal

Art said:
Just my 2 cents. Sounds like an ok deal. Nothing exceptional. That's roughly what I paid for my 2003 EX-L mid July. Good luck.....

:soapbox:
I agree. Mine was 31K out the door.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Sounds like a pretty good deal. I just ordered a 2004 EX-L for $29,500 but I knew the sales manager, I think they are only going to make a few hundred. If you can get a few extra goodies and it is in stock...grab it. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
:D that should be a good deal!

·
Registered
461 Posts
I paid close to a thousand less than that for an EXL RES. Lots of people aren't willing to drive out of state for great deals though. If you are willing to hunt and search, I think you can do better. (well....I know you could have done better on an 03. Not sure what will happen with the 04 pricing though) If you are happy and comfortable with the price, it is the model you want and you feel good about it, then buy buy buy!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All,

Thanks for your suggestions and comments. I have almost made up my mind that I do not want to drive that far (1800 miles) back to las vegas.

The dealer has now offered 30,200 for the EX-L and $100.00 for the return trip.

Thats better, but 1800 miles! hmmm

:eek:

·
Registered
725 Posts
Keep In Mind....

That when you register your PILOT in Nevada, YOU WILL have to pay sales tax in Nevada - so hopefully you have that money in reserves.

You will have to pay sales tax and the registration fee and if memory serves me right, the sales tax in Las Vegas is at or just over 7%.

I know this because I grew up in Las Vegas, now live in Colorado, and when I bought my PILOT, had to go to Shack-Findlay Honda in Henderson to get my PILOT.

You should check with Kevin Jones at Shack-Findlay and see if he can "do ya up a deal."

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks,

I have already taken into consideration the 7.25% sales tax ;)

I have talked to Kevin Jones on a 03 Pilot EX, but I have not spoken to him about an 04 Pilot EX-L.

It seems that it takes a while for the Pilot to be delivered and some of the local Vegas dealer fees are just ridiculous. Thats why I have actually considered the offer I have before me now.

I will give Kevin a call today and see what he can do for me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
CED,
If the "deal" in Biloxi is still an option, BE CAREFUL!!! I purchased my 03 EX-L there. I got roughly the same deal from them. I was pleased with the $$ but the salesman was an incompentent idiot. I was promised a couple of "benies" and the salesman convienently forgot about them, or maybe he thought I would forget. Regardless, the service after the sale, from the sales dept, was terrible. I must say though that the service dept is very good but you wouldn't be using them anyway. You can IM me if you want more details.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts