Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The city's been behind with their snow plowing, so, the residential streets are just a big mess with inches of packed snow still on them. To make a long story short, I was slowly driving through a part of this street which was deep in snow and as I was driving through, I heard this loud grating noise underneath my Pilot as though something was scraping against the underside.

My guess is that I ended up going over a big hunk of ice/packed snow and it got caught in the underside of my car. There were two sets of noises like that. I drove through it, but I certainly felt it. There were no other noises, such as metal snapping or crunching.

The Pilot drove fine after that though all the way to my place. But I'm still rather unsettled by it. Is this something to be concerned about or it's something an SUV is supposed to be able to take? If you were me, would you bother to take it to the dealer to have them take a look under the car? Thanks.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
If I were you, RipRocK, I would take the Pilot in. If not to the dealer, then to some independent service station. Or if any of your friends have a ramp or jack stands, do it yourself. It would be nagging at me if I didn't at least get it looked at -- it's probably nothing, but for my own peace of mind, ya know...??? Just my 2 cents (you can probably get some change... :) ).

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I'd have it checked out. A friend of mine had something similar happen two years ago. He ignored it and two days later he was buying a new transmission. Ice can do strange things to metal - see Titanic .:D

·
Registered
991 Posts
You really make my day with this great pics!!

rob

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
gopilot said:
You really make my day with this great pics!!

rob
Hi gopilot! Know what? You actually made my day with your comment!! I'm glad I was able to make you chuckle with my warped sense of humor...!! :29:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Snow?

The weatherman says we may get a bit of snow this weekend...

Snow trip coming?

Don

·
Registered
170 Posts
Re: Snow?

dandbtucker said:
The weatherman says we may get a bit of snow this weekend...

Snow trip coming?

Don

Don,
hope you get your snow,we'll probably get more here right up until the day I get into my Pilot, then for the first time since i was a wee lad will i be looking for it to snow and then it'll stop!:bonk:

Kemosabe,
LMAO at your jokes and stuff ,thanks! :29:

PRE-SAGE

1 - 12 of 12 Posts