Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I have been a silent observer/reader of this site for the past few months. I have test driven a Pilot and my wife and I LOVED it. We have two young girls (4 and 1.5) and are planning on having another child relatively soon. Anyway, after months of deliberation and debate, as well as the question on where the military would station us, we think we are ready to buy. Our dealer in town has a Sandstone EX that we looked at today that has been on his lot for over a week. We are debating about going in first thing tomorrow morning and buying it.

So I guess my question is, should we do it? Apparently I need just a little more self affirmation prior to jumping in and making the purchase.

Anyone have any regrets? Do anything different? Last minute advice or tips?

If we do purchase it I will be armed with the knowledge I have gleaned from you all about things to look at and listen for. So in any case I shall thank you in advance for all of your help.

And Havasu I will post the VIN if we buy it.

Thanks,

Josh

·
Registered
82 Posts
eagle,

No regrets here...works great for our 3 and 1 yr old + 65lb dog.

Maybe you can make a movie of your F-15 (making that assumption) racing the pilot down the runway.

let us know if you have any last minute questions you want to bring up and discuss.

...steve

·
Registered
991 Posts
If you want an SUV buy the Pilot, if you want a van buy th Odyssey. Honda to me is one of the best companies to deal with and the quality is superb! Resale value is through the roof compared to other companies..

Good Luck!

rob

·
Registered
39 Posts
Go for it!

The Pilot is a great vehicle. We have had ours since early June (ordered it in January) and really love it. It is smooth, quiet, and has plenty of power. So far it has provided 7000 trouble free miles. No regrets here. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
if you're going to buy, now's the time. i just heard that Honda will be offering 3.9 APR again, this weekend only.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Same opinion here. I researched and drove a lot of different SUV's. Pathfinder, Axiom, Montero, Sante Fe, Tribute, Trailblazer, Durango, MDX, Outback, and the Toyotas. One of the last was the Pilot. And there was no question then, or now, that it was the right one. It is a dream to drive and is just all around useful, and well thought out. It's a great vehicle and I have no regrets.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
eagle pilot said:
Hi everyone.

I have been a silent observer/reader of this site for the past few months. I have test driven a Pilot and my wife and I LOVED it. We have two young girls (4 and 1.5) and are planning on having another child relatively soon. Anyway, after months of deliberation and debate, as well as the question on where the military would station us, we think we are ready to buy. Our dealer in town has a Sandstone EX that we looked at today that has been on his lot for over a week. We are debating about going in first thing tomorrow morning and buying it.

So I guess my question is, should we do it? Apparently I need just a little more self affirmation prior to jumping in and making the purchase.
Just Do It! :D

Anyone have any regrets? Do anything different? Last minute advice or tips?
Do not get Honda's OEM wind deflector if you were thinking of getting one. Bad design on Honda's part. Also, see if your dealer's willing to waive the documentation fee at least, if they're not willing to negotiate the price at all, which often is the case with Honda's and Toyota's.

If we do purchase it I will be armed with the knowledge I have gleaned from you all about things to look at and listen for. So in any case I shall thank you in advance for all of your help.
If you do end up buying one, make sure to check out this thread about the delivery check list, http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1113&highlight=sbabcock

There are no guarantees in life, but I'm sure you'll be very satisfied with the Pilot.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I'm very happy with my Sandstone LX Pilot, but before you buy it or any vehicle.
Test drive it during the day and at night too. I feel it is important to really know how it drives at night. See if the visibility in the drivers seat is the same as day. Check out if the headlights are bright enough and are adjusted correctly. See how the dash and interior light work and if it is just the way you want. Then purchase the car you want.

by the way - You'd be surprised how much more you will know about the Pilot than your salesperson... if you decide to go for the Pilot.

:)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Tony said:
I'm very happy with my Sandstone LX Pilot, but before you buy it or any vehicle.
Test drive it during the day and at night too. I feel it is important to really know how it drives at night. See if the visibility in the drivers seat is the same as day. Check out if the headlights are bright enough and are adjusted correctly. See how the dash and interior light work and if it is just the way you want. Then purchase the car you want.

by the way - You'd be surprised how much more you will know about the Pilot than your salesperson... if you decide to go for the Pilot.

:)
No kidding.. My sales representative knew almost nothing about my Pilot, I was telling him what was in it???!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We bought our SS EX on saturday. Everything went great, and yes we did know much more than our salesman.

The only options we got were a RES and tow package, for about what it would have cost from handa-accessories. I'm glad to not have to install them myself. I'll do other simpler accessories on my own.

We have almost 200 miles on it and LOVE it. Too bad my wife is the primary. I would love to take it to and from work. Oh well, at least I know she and the girls will be safe.

Anyway, thanks for all of your input. Another satisfied owner.

E.P.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts