Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
If these groups think that an SUV is polluting the earth, then I guess we have to ban cars, busses, trains, etc too...

Some of these people need to get a life. I love SUV's will continue to buy until they make Fuel cell SUVS!

rob

·
Registered
8 Posts
It is these friggin, hypocrites who need.....

.......to be banned first. Stupid, ill-informed people who just want to go around making blanket statements, to prove a point whether there's any truth to it or not! If these morons did their research correctly they will notice that most SUVs today are quite a bit more fuel efficient as well as produce lower emissions than many cars produced just 10 years back, as well as many of the vehicles with faulty emissions crowding the roads, that nobody gives a dam* about! ..........and yet another thing these miserable fools fail to realize is that not all SUVs are created alike: For example how can you judge a Ford Excursion giving 8mpg and a Honda Pilot giving 18+mpg by the same standards! :mad:

Additionally, what these stupid hypocrites fail to understand is that many people use their SUVs to carpool, which is definitely more efficient than each individual using one car for each of them :rolleyes:

·
Registered
373 Posts
One person commuting 50 miles to and from work in a Suberban like vehicle, you would have to question. If that person has to carry or tow a lot of stuff then it's a tougher question.

When they generalize that all SUVs must be banned, ignorance is the only conclusion.
Is it better to take 5 people and a week worth of gear in a Pilot at 19 mpg or to take 2 Civics at 30 mpg, the math is easy.
My question is, when the tree huggers go deep into the forest to hug their trees what do they drive?
It's now 81% pro.

·
Registered
664 Posts
That was interesting. It is now 23% No, 77% Yes. I picked out one of the better comments on the board here :

"What's the difference between a porcupine and a BMW? The porcupine has it's pricks on the outside."

Snicker..

Anyway, should we be able to own SUV's? Heck yeah. It's a free country. Should automakers be able to continue producing such inefficient SUV's for families and continue labeling them as trucks? I don't think so. It seems the SUV has replaced the family station wagon. There are ways to make it, as well as family cars more efficient with technology we have today. Honda is already a step ahead and can look into its own stable at the Insight and Civic Hybrid. Am I saying an SUV should have to hit 40-50mpg? NO. But there is no reason we can't reach 25mpg. I was really suprised at what that electric motor did for the Insight. 60+mpg! I think they could find a way to have it add 5mpg to an SUV.

Somewhere out there was also information on increasing the voltage of the electrical system in cars. I believe it was something to the effect of going from say 12V to 36V and allowing more things to be assisted electronically rather than mechanically. Apparently the higher voltage would allow the car to operate more efficiently by taking some smaller systems such as power steering and windshield wipers off the main motor and powering them electrically. It would save weight in components and actually had a better life span than their mechanical counter-parts. Cool stuff. -- Sorry I don't have all the details on this one, I'll find it again eventually.

http://www.innovationhouse.com/newsletter1/42v_system.html

Here is one Hybrid article with Ford, Sadly mentioned as the marquee SUV hybrid maker.

http://autos.msn.com/advice/standardart.aspx?contentid=4020586&src=News

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Last time I looked, America was the "Land of the Free" ...

PrG

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Just voted, and it's standing at 78% Yes to 22% No.

:D

·
Registered
388 Posts
We get lot of snow here and this is the first year I have ever had a 4wd ... my only thoughts now are what the hell i wasd thinking before not having a suv and living in a snow belt!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Self limiting

The big engine wheels make up a tiny fraction of the SUV market but make a nice target. You want to fill that tank 2 or 3 times a week be my guest. It ain't my problem and there ain't enough of them to make a difference.
Check out the security details of the VIP crowd, all Chevy Suburbans. Do as I say not as I do.

Soon you'll need a permit to but matches.

·
Registered
698 Posts
As of 6:40 p.m. (MST), 12/2/02

Should Americans be free to own Sport Utility Vehicles?
No. Allowing people to destroy the environment is taking freedom a bit too far. SUV’s should be banned. (184) 21%

Yes. SUV’s are easier to drive in traffic, better for hauling kids, great for camping. Freedom is great! (679) 79%

Thanks for posting this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts