Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see info on removing marks in the archives. Any suggestions as to how to remove two unsightly black marks from a shopping cart plastic gaurd?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Baoloclamdong, shouldn't you send Apprentice some lighter fluid as part of your penance? :D

·
Registered
288 Posts
Re: Re: Here we go again.Shopping cart issue.

kemosabe said:

Would lighter fluid damage the paint?
Not at all,I 've done numerous of times,I do when I have other's cars paint on the pilot when they open their doors too.Also 1 time, I accidently put too much paint on it(the touch-up)and this stuff gets dried fast,I used lighter fluid cleaned it off.Goof- off liquid would help, too.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Here we go again.Shopping cart issue.

baoloclamdong said:

Not at all,I 've done numerous of times,I do when I have other's cars paint on the pilot when they open their doors too.Also 1 time, I accidently put too much paint on it(the touch-up)and this stuff gets dried fast,I used lighter fluid cleaned it off.Goof- off liquid would help, too.
Okay, thanks for the info! I was always told to be careful and not spill any gasoline on the paint when filling up and wipe up any spillage right away -- so I assumed that lighter fluid fell under the same category...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Re: Re: Here we go again.Shopping cart issue.

kemosabe said:

Okay, thanks for the info! I was always told to be careful and not spill any gasoline on the paint when filling up and wipe up any spillage right away -- so I assumed that lighter fluid fell under the same category...
It's true that any type of gasolines will thin the paint just like paint thinner and lighter fluid is a type of gasoline.But in this case,the marks from other cars paint and so the shopping carts are very easy comming off with lighter fluid without any damages would cause to the original paint on the Pilot,why?I've done many times,just damp a piece of cloth or paper towel rub on the area gently.(well,if you 're not very confident in this,don't try it.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts