Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- Hey, could anyone recommend a shop in Seattle area to install Traxda 2 inch lift on my 2019 Pilot? I would prefer a shop that had experience with these before.

- If you had a shop install a lift kit for you, how many hours did they charge you for the install itself (front and back)?

I will have alignment done separately of course.

Thank you!

·
Read Only
293 Posts
Lifting a unibody car never made any sense to me lol. With no detailed alignment adjustments on these cars I assume alignment and ride quality is going to be a huge challenge.

·
Registered
74 Posts
- Hey, could anyone recommend a shop in Seattle area to install Traxda 2 inch lift on my 2019 Pilot? I would prefer a shop that had experience with these before.

- If you had a shop install a lift kit for you, how many hours did they charge you for the install itself (front and back)?

I will have alignment done separately of course.

Thank you!
Truline can do both of those things together. They are top notch!

Lifting a unibody car never made any sense to me lol. With no detailed alignment adjustments on these cars I assume alignment and ride quality is going to be a huge challenge.
Is this comment really necessary?

·
Registered
2021 Pilot SE Modern Steel Metallic
11 Posts
Truline can do both of those things together. They are top notch!
+1 for Truline. I’m bringing my other car into them on Monday! They’re pros.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, so finally did the lift kit install. Traxda 2F/2R lift kit installed by my mechanic in Kirkland, WA. If you need a recommendation for a lift kit install on Pilot/Passport/Ridgeline, he now has some experience with Traxda lift kit :cool:

Impressions: the ride feels like stock (I only drove 6 miles on the highway so far). The car looks higher, much higher. It feels higher inside but still rides like a car. No rub at full lock going forward. There is some rub at full lock backing up due to taller tires 245/70R17 Blizzaks installed on KMC Bully 17 inch.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Your Pilot looks great! Did Traxda offer suggestions on max recommended tire sizes? The ReadyLift kit for my Pilot recommended 31" max tire size which is approximately what your running.

·
Registered
2021 Pilot SE Modern Steel Metallic
11 Posts
OK, so finally did the lift kit install. Traxda 2F/2R lift kit installed by my mechanic in Kirkland, WA. If you need a recommendation for a lift kit install on Pilot/Passport/Ridgeline, he now has some experience with Traxda lift kit :cool:

Impressions: the ride feels like stock (I only drove 6 miles on the highway so far). The car looks higher, much higher. It feels higher inside but still rides like a car. No rub at full lock going forward. There is some rub at full lock backing up due to taller tires 245/70R17 Blizzaks installed on KMC Bully 17 inch. View attachment 144378 View attachment 144379 View attachment 144380 View attachment 144381 View attachment 144382
Damn that looks good. What was the total cost for the kit and labor? And any idea what it does to the warranty?

·
Registered
180 Posts
And I imagine the handling will likely suffer.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
:LOL::ROFLMAO::sneaky:

Nice Pilot

I was coming home from work a few days ago. Stopped at a light in town. I was in my Gen 1 Pilot. I'm from TX.
A truck pulled up in the lane beside me. Not just any truck, a 2500 Cummins Diesel
It looked something like this:

It has real 4 wheel drive, etc.
I rolled down my window on the passenger side. His passenger saw this and stopped their conversation and the were almost worried looking and the driver rolled down his window, not smiling, and kind of motioned what's up?
I looked back and front a little, looked at him and said in my Tx drawl accent,
"Nice truck!'
He quickly smiled, and said thanks, knowing that I knew what a real truck was. (OK, for those that are offended- A PICK-UP TRUCK).

That's all

Hey OP, why not get a 'Cat-Back' exhaust too?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Damn that looks good. What was the total cost for the kit and labor? And any idea what it does to the warranty?
I think the kit was $278 after tax delivered and install was heavily discounted by a friend for a friend, but the lowest two bids around Kirkland came to $600.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:LOL::ROFLMAO::sneaky:

Nice Pilot

I was coming home from work a few days ago. Stopped at a light in town. I was in my Gen 1 Pilot. I'm from TX.
A truck pulled up in the lane beside me. Not just any truck, a 2500 Cummins Diesel
It looked something like this:
View attachment 144415

It has real 4 wheel drive, etc.
I rolled down my window on the passenger side. His passenger saw this and stopped their conversation and the were almost worried looking and the driver rolled down his window, not smiling, and kind of motioned what's up?
I looked back and front a little, looked at him and said in my Tx drawl accent,
"Nice truck!'
He quickly smiled, and said thanks, knowing that I knew what a real truck was. (OK, for those that are offended- A PICK-UP TRUCK).

That's all

Hey OP, why not get a 'Cat-Back' exhaust too?
What do you have in mind for 'Cat-Back' exhaust? Passport's exhaust or do you have a link to something else?

In any case, it's too expensive for the trouble. No amount of sexy noise and miserly HP gains will cover thousands spent on the parts and then labor on top.

The only other upgrade I may consider is AT cooler if I do decide to do overlanding consistently.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
523 Posts
The only other upgrade I may consider is AT cooler if I do decide to do overlanding consistently.
No "may" definitely do it. Your future transmission life will thank you, in turn thanking your wallet for the investment.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your Pilot looks great! Did Traxda offer suggestions on max recommended tire sizes? The ReadyLift kit for my Pilot recommended 31" max tire size which is approximately what your running.
Sorry, I just noticed this question. I didn't talk to Traxda about tore size. I had 245/70R17 tires on 17 inch MKC Bully wheels +38 offset (vs stock 55) installed a year before the lift. Rub was minimal and only when backing up. The lift increased the rub just a bit and still it is only appears when backing up. My Blizzaks are 30.6.

Anything bigger will require modifications or perhaps a different offset or most likely both.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts