Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering purchasing a shop manual for the Pilot from Helm Inc. I do most of the maintenance myself on my vehicles and this can be a great tool to have. Helm states that these are original shop manuals written by the OEM. Just wondering if anyone has already purchased this and have any comments on it.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Have the Shop and ETM

I have the shop and ETM for the Pilot (as well as my '02 CR-V).
As shop manuals go it is not bad. It is a bit (a lot) lacking in the electrical area, as the Honda system is for mechanics to trouble shoot only to the wiring harness level.

The ETM makes up for the lack of diagrams in the shop manual, and takes the wiring to the wire/connector level.
It also contain a complete connector reference, and pictures to help identify each connector and many components.

This being said, these are professional shop manual, not DIY manuals. They will tell you what a trained professional mechanic with the proper tools needs to know to repair the car to original specifications.
It does not cover what is in an aftermarket, DIY type manual (Haynes) such as;
Workarounds for custom tools and jigs.
Tips to avoid common mistakes.
Background mechanical information that is expected to be known by the mechanic, but not the DIYer.

Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts