Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Pilot EX-L for a month and a half now. The rear driver side shock leaked and made a terrible noise. Brought it to Honda and was replaced. Any of you guys know what brand of shocks and struts are used in our Pilots? Anyone upgraded to stiffer suspension?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Shocks

There is a long thread in the problem area relating to noise from the right rear suspension. There have been a number of comments from owners that involve leaking or defective shocks. I do not know the manufacturer, but feel the stock units are under-damped. We know the new MDX has a shock that has modified valving. Due to the way the upper rear shock brackets are mounted to the body, any increase in dampening would create additional stress in the area. In my opinion, it would not be a problem unless the new aftermarket shock induced the mounts to make noise. I have not seen any aftermarket shocks available for the Pilot. THe Monroe catalog does not list anything being available for the MDX which is the same. Good luck with the repair. BPILOT

1 - 2 of 2 Posts