Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new pilot owner here.

I got my 2007 Pilot about a month ago and have since noticed that the previous owner did ZERO maintenance on the transmission. She shifts rough at times (hardest shifts between 4th and 5th) and since then I have done a transmission fluid flush. Old fluid was awful. This seemed to ease the the gear changes a little, but not enough to ease my concern.

Now I'm debating cleaning and/or replacing the shift solenoids and ATF filter. The shift solenoids seem pretty straight forward but the service manual give absolutely NO useful information regarding the ATF filter. Just a crappy diagram of the transmission housing.

Anyone have any experience with this? I cant tell if it's accessible without taking the whole transmission apart. Even a picture of someone pointing to the filter housing would be more useful. Or am I just wasting my time and should focus on the solenoids?

Thanks everyone

-Alex

·
Registered
827 Posts
Hi all, new pilot owner here.

I got my 2007 Pilot about a month ago and have since noticed that the previous owner did ZERO maintenance on the transmission. She shifts rough at times (hardest shifts between 4th and 5th) and since then I have done a transmission fluid flush. Old fluid was awful. This seemed to ease the the gear changes a little, but not enough to ease my concern.

Now I'm debating cleaning and/or replacing the shift solenoids and ATF filter. The shift solenoids seem pretty straight forward but the service manual give absolutely NO useful information regarding the ATF filter. Just a crappy diagram of the transmission housing.

Anyone have any experience with this? I cant tell if it's accessible without taking the whole transmission apart. Even a picture of someone pointing to the filter housing would be more useful. Or am I just wasting my time and should focus on the solenoids?

Thanks everyone

-Alex
Exactly what do you mean by ATF flush? Honda doesn't recommend a power flush done by "transfusion" machine. A drain and fill will change out about 3 1/2 quarts at a time. Do this procedure 3 times, with a little drive between each change, and you will have 90 percent new fluid.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,947 Posts
Filter is only accessible with the tranny separated from the engine for 2007.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts