Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No, it doesn't come in 0w20, but if you live where it rarely reaches 32°F like me, 5w20 works fine in your V6 Honda engine. (I've been Corrected, again 0w20 is available)

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Heard good things about Rotella. IDK, maybe I'd consider changing from Mobil1.

Looks like the 5W30 is dexos 1 gen 2 approved, which I need for the Traverse.

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heard good things about Rotella. IDK, maybe I'd consider changing from Mobil1.

Looks like the 5W30 is dexos 1 gen 2 approved, which I need for the Traverse.
I'm switching from Mobil 1 because of the Project Farm test.

I already received my 1st shipment. I'll still use the M1-110A filter.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I'm switching from Mobil 1 because of the Project Farm test.

I already received my 1st shipment. I'll still use the M1-110A filter.
View attachment 136777
That guy is the best. I have made more than one product decision because of him. He posted a 2 stroke oil video last night but it was only 2 brands, need a huge battle of all the readily available stuff.

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That guy is the best. I have made more than one product decision because of him. He posted a 2 stroke oil video last night but it was only 2 brands, need a huge battle of all the readily available stuff.
I got to thinking about the big difference in evaporation between the 2 oils. I didn't like the idea of those vapors staying in my engine or being the possible cause for P0420 and P0430 codes.

·
Registered
8,946 Posts
Checked again, my Local Wal-Mart is not carrying 0w20. It can be ordered and shipped for free with a minimum $40 order (various items).
The Walmart site should show which nearest store stocks that oil.
If not, click on "More delivery & pickup options" and try entering other nearby towns or zip codes to see if it shows a store stocking the 0W-20 oil.

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Walmart site should show which nearest store stocks that oil.
If not, click on "More delivery & pickup options" and try entering other nearby towns or zip codes to see if it shows a store stocking the 0W-20 oil.
What was crazy about the order I received, my oil cost less having them ship it than store pick up.
I will use 5w20 in my 24k mile 2017 Pilot. The 0 does me no good in 100°F weather. I'll put 5w30 in my 2012 Crosstours. The 240k mile one could use the extra protection.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,283 Posts
Plus with the $10.00 rebate you can order a pack of Hanes shop rags.

Edit: You may have to order these from a different web site than WallyWorld.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Once you have seen it, it's hard to forget the OP's obsession with certain types of shop rags.
I'm not near as obsessed, and I certainly didn't pose. I'm sure if you had wanted to, you could have looked around the internet for a less risque photo of a pack of Hanes briefs.

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, sad to say, it looks like Wal-Mart is discontinuing carrying Shell Rotella Gas Truck Oil. 0w20 was the first to go. I managed to buy a couple of jugs at Tractor Supply. Now this week 5w30 has gone to a 3rd party supplier. Both costing $33 +. I like the oil, but that's not happening. I did pick up some 5w20 but I'm sure it to will be discontinued. I'm not hopeful that Tractor Supply will continue to have it (speculation, dusty bottles). Anyway, I'm thinking about going back to Mobil 1, using their Truck and SUV oil.
What you think?

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I haven't heard anything on the Truck and SUV oil.

Besides the marketing information, what is different from regular M1 with this oil?

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I haven't heard anything on the Truck and SUV oil.

Besides the marketing information, what is different from regular M1 with this oil?
I think Mobil 1 introduced as an alternative after Shell Rotella came out with Gas Truck oil. I believe the Truck and SUV oil has more moly.

Reactions: cintocrunch

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EXL AWD
93 Posts
I've been using Mobil 1 or Castrol full synthetic only when Mobil 1 is not available. I should try Rotella on my next oil change. But it seems Rotella are more expensive than Mobil 1 by at least 30%?

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've been using Mobil 1 or Castrol full synthetic only when Mobil 1 is not available. I should try Rotella on my next oil change. But it seems Rotella are more expensive than Mobil 1 by at least 30%?
It wasn't always more expensive. It is now because it seems it never caught on enough to have retailers keep it on the shelves. Now getting harder to find. If Tractor Supply keeps Shell Rotella Gas Truck at $25 a bottle, I guess I'll drive a few minutes out of the way to pick it up.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
It wasn't always more expensive. It is now because it seems it never caught on enough to have retailers keep it on the shelves. Now getting harder to find. If Tractor Supply keeps Shell Rotella Gas Truck at $25 a bottle, I guess I'll drive a few minutes out of the way to pick it up.
That's too bad because it seemed to be a quality oil based on the testing I've seen. The thing is we have so many good oils to choose from it is pretty hard to crack into limited retail space available on shelves.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts