Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have tried looking for other threads about this and remember seeing one about smebody cutting there hand on the console. anyway i have found more sharp edges on the steering wheel. and around the glove box.

This is in the area where the parting line of the mold that made the part is. They should come out of the mold with no sharp edges but if they do... they should be trimmed at the plastic manufacturer, however this does not seem to be the case in many instances, is honda quality sliding? and be careful where you put your fingers inside your pilot!

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Here's the other hand.

Where specifically did you find the new sharp edges? ...pictures? (thanks for pointing them out, so we can all be aware.)

It seems a couple people filed down the rough edges.

·
Registered
393 Posts
tim.s said:
Here's the other hand.

Where specifically did you find the new sharp edges? ...pictures? (thanks for pointing them out, so we can all be aware.)

It seems a couple people filed down the rough edges.
I notice the sharp edges on the backside of the steering wheel buttons as well as the backside of the brush aluminum plastic stuff on the wheel too.

I'm sure we could run a sharp X-acto knife along the edges to round them off and smooth them out a bit.

·
Registered
328 Posts
here's what happened to us -

We drove our fantastic Pilot away from the dealers the night we fell in love with her/it/whatever and as I was saying goodbye to the salesperson, I cut my hand very badly on the metal painted door unlock handle. The paint was VERY SHARP and coming off and it splintered into my finger (very deeply, like a tiny metal dagger). Needless to say I was not too impressed, was in pain, and the salesperson was concerned (the dealer replaced it the next week - but I managed to catch my hand on it again :( ).

This is the only sharpness we've experienced so far. Anyone else have this happen to them?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Re: here's what happened to us -

2GREENCARS said:
We drove our fantastic Pilot away from the dealers the night we fell in love with her/it/whatever and as I was saying goodbye to the salesperson, I cut my hand very badly on the metal painted door unlock handle. The paint was VERY SHARP and coming off and it splintered into my finger (very deeply, like a tiny metal dagger). Needless to say I was not too impressed, was in pain, and the salesperson was concerned (the dealer replaced it the next week - but I managed to catch my hand on it again :( ).

This is the only sharpness we've experienced so far. Anyone else have this happen to them?
Huh? Where is this on the car? Can't picture it. What's an unlock handle?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
give me time to take some pictures, i was thinking of filing them down myself too, if you dont use an exacto routinley it could be kind of tricky with weird angles and stuff, and it seems like a delicate proccess which i am hesitant to trust my dealer with

·
Registered
328 Posts
Re: Re: here's what happened to us -

Pilot4Biking said:

Huh? Where is this on the car? Can't picture it. What's an unlock handle?
Sorry, not too car-oriented here - it's the silver thing you open the door with on the inside of the car - the door handle...sorry for my inarticulateness! Slightly braindead, I guess. :5:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts