Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can we all complain together to Honda and have them fix it?.
Are you guys OK with the sharp edges?. :(
why should we just accept it and live with it :8: after having paid like $30+K?
Kemosabe and Moderators any ideas?

·
Registered
608 Posts
i dont feel/ see/ notice them.... :confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Among the small items on the second trip to the dealer was 1) to smooth several very sharp plastic edges behind the steering wheel, center area. They were sharp enough to cut your fingers rubbing against them. 2) The chrome surface/plating on the front interior door handles was "peeling" off. The edges were smoothed off and the handles were "repaired".

Has anyone had the either of the second row seats break? The cable on the larger of the two (behind the driver) snapped and the seat could not be reclined or layed flat. The service director at the dealer said several (Pilots) had come in like this. Repair (search for parts) took a week. They then had to repair the backing to the seat that came apart while they had the seat apart to fix the cable.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
I assume you're talking about the standard steering wheel, not the leather wrapped wheel. I've noticed no sharp edges except for the exposed backs of the buttons (mentioned in other threads).

My only complaint about the leather wheel is that it's kind of slick, especially now that the weather is getting colder and my hands tend to be dryer. I don't know if there's anything I can apply to make it more "tacky" - like a leather golf grip.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
pilot007 said:
pilot007: Been there, done that... but to no avail! :(

A little history: About a year ago, honda-pilot.org members gopilot and Birdman organized a campaign letter that about 18 of us (don't quote me on that figure, though), me included, added our names to and was sent off to Honda about the "Starting Problem". Unfortunately, nothing came of it. Here is a link to the "Starting Problem" thread and the actual letter, if you're interested...

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have sharp edges on my stearing wheel too. Also, leather is damaged. Last week I showed it to the service manager. I told him to replace it or fix it. He is not willing to do that. Maybe I should we should report this problem to either Honda Company or BBB. Honda quality sucks for a 34k vehicle.

What about the nicks on door pillars? Funny part is service manager has asked me to release it safely:8: I unhook the seat belt and leave very gently. Sometimes I forget. My wife does not care so more nicks at passengers side.

THIS IS HONDA HANDLE GENTLY!!!!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
hondalover said:
What about the nicks on door pillars?
Hondalover, there is a thread under Classifieds -> B-Pillar Solution that shows how wwong solved this problem (sorry, I don't know how to post a link.) My 01 Accord has the same problem with the seat belt marking up the door pillar, and someone here suggested filing down the sharp edge on the back of the seat belt buckle, as that is what causes the nicks. My Accord has lots of nicks and I am extremely careful releasing the belt.

When my Pilot arrives in a couple weeks the first thing I plan to do when I get it home is file down the edge of the buckle!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
pilot007 said:
Pilot007, until your post, I don't recall having seen much discussion about sharp edges on the standard steering wheel. BUT I think I know what you're talking about......

Every now and then, when I'm executing a turn, my finger will momentarily "catch" in a very sharp place on the back of the steering wheel. It doesn't occur every time, just when I happen to handle the wheel in a certain way. My finger is never actually cut, though it feels like it comes close.

While on the subject of steering wheels, I've also noticed that the wheel itself has become discolored, kind of splotchy-looking all around. It's a minor thing, but just the same, I'd rather that it not have happened!

I have to agree with kemosabe--based on experience trying to get Honda to acknowledge the infamous starting problem--there's probably little chance they'd act on a complaint about what they'd perceive as a less compelling problem. (They'd probably advise buying a steering wheel cover, if the problem is really bothersome. )

·
Registered
7 Posts
The sharp edges on my steering wheel, leather wrapped, were behind the plastic "buttons" in the center of the wheel (cruise control etc.). Dealer said "so what" and I had to file them down.

Also, chrome on door handle (front doors) began peeling off and the dealer "re-chromed" them. This happened after about 6 months.

·
Registered
608 Posts
hondalover said:
What about the nicks on door pillars? Funny part is service manager has asked me to release it safely:8: I unhook the seat belt and leave very gently. Sometimes I forget. My wife does not care so more nicks at passengers side.

THIS IS HONDA HANDLE GENTLY!!!!!!
i unhook it gently, but it seems to still scratch where it hangs. it just wont make deep gashes. my mom on the other hand....click....whoosh...BAM.... :3: i tell her not to do it too!
i care more about that car than both of my parents put together, and its theirs... :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts