Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left my kids in the car with doors locked while i went in store to get ice.

Came out...needed the hatch open to dump the ice in cooler ..so my kids unlocked the doors (from inside) and the alarm went off. It finally shut off....not sure exactly what we did. But now, it goes off when we open doors and it will eventually go off, but whats going on?

Is there some sort of reset? My key buttons dont work either. Didnt find any mention in manual either.

TIA

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
That's a puzzler, but maybe the first thing I'd try is to relock the the doors from the inside. Then try to unlock them and relock them different ways, from the inside and/or from the fob.

You don't have an aftermarket alarm, do you?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
The alarm has to go off if the car is locked from the remote and someone unlocks from the inside. The logic is to prevent using the metal ruler.
When it goes off, lock and unlock the doors from the remote and that should clear the alarm. Did you try that? If you did and it still goes off, disconnect the battery for 10 min.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I forgot to post the conclusion.....

The car was originally locked from the door....my remote doesn't work.

I read somewhere (manual maybe - can't remember where I found it) that when this happens and the alarm goes off, you need to unlock the door manually with the key and it should disable the alarm. I didn't do that at the time, but now I know! Just wanted to post in case anyone else encounters this scenario.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts