Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My crusise control button gets stuck when I press it. I got an appointment with the dealer next week to have it looked at. I just want to see if anyone else has this same problem.

·
Registered
620 Posts
GregthePilotMan said:
My crusise control button gets stuck when I press it. I got an appointment with the dealer next week to have it looked at. I just want to see if anyone else has this same problem.
No problem with mine, but let us know the results of the problem

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
GregthePilotMan said:
GregthePilotMan: Which button? The master ON/OFF switch next to the interior dome light switch or one of the three cruise control buttons (i.e., the "SET" button) on the steering wheel??? :confused:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I was not clear. It was the "SET" switch on the stering wheel.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
GregthePilotMan said:
Sorry I was not clear. It was the "SET" switch on the stering wheel.
GregthePilotMan: Just some info for you to look over -- I know you said that you were taking your Pilot in to the dealer, but if you have knowledge ahead of time of some stuff, maybe they won't try to pull the wool over your eyes!! ;)

The "SET" switch is part number 11 in the diagram:

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kemosabe

Thanks for the info. I will have this in my back pocket just in case the try something!:D

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
kemosabe said:
Replacing it isn't really that hard:
Except maybe for that first step, which is remove driver's air bag, and possibly the latter step, re-install driver's air bag.

:2:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
sfhondapilot said:
Except maybe for that first step, which is remove driver's air bag, and possibly the latter step, re-install driver's air bag.

:2:
sfhondapilot: Actually, it doesn't seem that hard... the instructions on page 23-106 are only 4 steps. I debated whether to scan this page, too, since GregthePilotMan was letting his dealer do all the work, but here it is anyway. :) :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Driver's airbag

Kemosabe: you are right, the instructions make it appear to be very simple. For some reason, I tend to shy away from anything that involves the passive restraint system. I'm sure it has to be idiot-proof, otherwise who knows what would happen when you really need that airbag?

:8:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
sfhondapilot: I tend to agree with you... when I hear that you have to remove the air bag, I think, "Holy cow, are you sure?"

But as you can see, it doesn't look too bad from the diagrams. I guess what's misleading is that ONLY the air bag is being removed, not all the other components that comprise the SRS... :)

Dang, pretty soon, I'll have the whole Service Manual on this site, too... :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts